Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Targeting engine and firing arcs

Page: 1 of 1
 Wiz33
01-23-2006, 8:22 PM
Do capital ship have firing arcs? I know the smaller ones do and if so, will damaging a ships engine reduce it's turning rate so you can stay out of it's firing arcs?
 crayz
01-23-2006, 8:47 PM
doubt it
 rwps
01-24-2006, 4:58 AM
They have firering arcs but i dont know if they will turn slower.
 Gnrl_Tempest
01-24-2006, 6:54 PM
I dont know about slowing it down, but i have noticed ships stop moving when their engines stopped. As to firing arcs, yes. i also noticed stripping weapons off a single side of that ship and killing its engines helps alot. plus it means you can focus on more equipped ships...

Still frying missles/shield generators is best target first.
 Jabbas WhOr3
01-24-2006, 8:24 PM
I hope that that is the case, because that would greatly effect the target that I go for first, the engines after the shield gens. Then once those engies are down, hammer the crap out of anything on that side!
 Thondorr
01-28-2006, 1:56 AM
The engine makes it stop, and few rebel ships ahev Firing Arcs, they can shoot from any direction. The SD Cant shoot too far behind them, So their main purpose seems to be soaking up damage.
Page: 1 of 1