Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

how do you undo mods?

Page: 1 of 1
 darth_vadar_13
01-23-2006, 1:15 PM
i installed the mod tht lets u play as the empire nd it was fun nd ace. but i completed nd i wana be the rebels again nd its not lettin me! i tried un-installin the game nd tht didn't work. what do i do?
 Kurgan
01-23-2006, 1:57 PM
Delete your XML folder, and any extra exe files it gave you (like swmod.exe), beyond the normal game files. Basically the mods use XML, so deleting the XML folder and running the normal EXE should return you to normal.

Now some mods throw in a "Scripts" and "Resources" folder. Delete those (or move them to a seperate backup folder as well, so deal with those too.

If in doubt, just check the zip or rar file of the original mod you installed. Look in and just remove the files it lists from your EaW directory.
 Ra2er
01-23-2006, 1:58 PM
I also need help with uninstalling mods, I just need the original config.meg file from the demo.
 liang9
01-23-2006, 7:01 PM
I also need help with uninstalling mods, I just need the original config.meg file from the demo.

here you go
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TNBNEWGU)
 swphreak
01-23-2006, 7:56 PM
What ever happened to old fashioned reinstall? It takes like 5 minutes.
 Kurgan
01-23-2006, 8:20 PM
Deleting the XML folder (and possibly two other folders: Resource/Scripts) takes a few seconds! :)

Besides, they'd have to know to re-install it into a new folder to avoid being stuck in the same situation as before...
Page: 1 of 1