Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Extractor & DAT Editor W/ Gui (Released on Jan19)

Page: 1 of 1
 DanteRenEvo
01-22-2006, 3:42 PM
Hey guys, just found this board, quite hard to do if you ask me, anyway...

Me and another programmer on my site wrote two apps, one a DAT editor for the strings of the games, the other an extractor with a gui.

You can get them here:
Extractor (http://www.renevo.com/index.php?showtopic=2930)

Dat Editor (http://www.renevo.com/index.php?showtopic=2931)

Also, to let everyone know, whom has been playing with the .meg file format for the last 5 days or so.

The first int32 in the fileheader chunk is a crc32 of the file content bytes, the last int32 is the index of the name from the file name chunk.

Anywho, right now crc32 checks aren't in place on read, but i would almost guarantee that they will be in place in the live game for at least multiplayer.

Well, hope you guys find these tools helpful.
 pythagoras123
02-12-2006, 2:23 PM
The first int32 in the fileheader chunk is a crc32 of the file content bytes, the last int32 is the index of the name from the file name chunk.

I've been playing with meg files too and came up with an extractor as well. The first int32 you're referring to is still a mystery to me. Your assumption (CRC32 check) is logical and i've thought about it as well but when i try CRC32 calculations on the extracted files the values don't check correctly.
Are you sure it's a CRC32 check ?

BTW, congratulations for your tools.

Pythagoras
 DanteRenEvo
02-23-2006, 12:28 AM
p.s. update for app to work with full version will be coming as soon as i get the new registry entries for the full version.
 DanteRenEvo
02-26-2006, 5:39 AM
EAWExtractor
Update 2.26.2006
You no longer need the demo installed to use this application, it should work with the full version of the game.
Page: 1 of 1