Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

trouble modding

Page: 1 of 1
 trimmdogg
01-22-2006, 4:15 AM
i recently downloaded modding tools off petroden, from a guy at technical difficulties. they work really well when using macromedia applications. i have on question to all modders who know what im talking about-how do i unlock the things locked in the demo ie-empire starbase 3-5, officer bases, imperial star destroyer, and so on. i mean i can just start out with a star base level 5, but can not build to it. also are there more land scenarios in the "text" files, ive currently got 7 sytems around the demo are free but all have same space and land battle scenarios. any help on the latter of the two questions would be most helpful.thanks!
 popcorn2008
01-22-2006, 12:56 PM
This belongs in the "Demo Mod" forum.

Thanks!
 DanteRenEvo
01-22-2006, 4:58 PM
First extract the files from the .meg files (specifically config.meg) then start monkeying around with the xml/*.xml files. Right now its pretty much trial and error, but thats how modding goes at the infant stages of a new game.
Page: 1 of 1