Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Performance Problems with rather fast machine :(

Page: 1 of 1
 Breiti
01-20-2006, 12:35 PM
Hi, please excuse my bad english :(

I just played throught the demo a second time. and noticed that by zooming out as fast as I can all GUI elements disappear.

I just wanted to say that this is absolutely fabulous :) Great idea !!! I now get a much better view on whats going on on the battlefield.

But whatґs going on with the performance ?

From time to time it was unplayable on my machine. And when I say unplayable I really means unplayable.

Here are my system specs :

Athlon XP 3500+
2 Gig of Ram
Gforce 7800 GT

I thought Iґd be prepared for every game in the next 2 years and now ...

Iґve checked everything on my system : No other processes slowed it down. It was just the demo. Are you optimizing the speed for the final release ?

Greetz

MB
 PygmyShrew
01-20-2006, 1:30 PM
Hate having to say this, but have you got the latest drivers from Nvidia?
 lukeiamyourdad
01-20-2006, 1:35 PM
It could also be that the demo isn't a good friend of your video card :)

Seriously now, have you tried changing the video settings? Removing certain things like AA or AT see if something is changed.
 mrzeld
01-20-2006, 3:14 PM
disable soft shadows too if they are enabled.
 darthfergie
01-20-2006, 4:01 PM
that kind of video card is a friend to every game.

I dunno what the deal is, because the demo works fine on my similarly configured PC, in fact it runs smoother than games like KOTORII (mainly because KOTORII has ATI issues, but oh well).
...check and see if the resolution/refresh rate the demo is putting out is the native resolution on your monitor, 7800 being so new should ship with the latest drivers, so I think you should be fine there. Other than that, what about other games? Do they run well on your compie?
 PygmyShrew
01-20-2006, 4:30 PM
There shouldnt be any problems with 6800,7800 its a safe bet to say they probably developed and testing the game on these cards.
 Sithxace
01-20-2006, 5:25 PM
space is perfect, omg wityh my top of the line computer, the ground battle deff got laggy rather quickly.
 lukeiamyourdad
01-20-2006, 5:41 PM
Of course. The ground battles are much more detailed then the space ones, considering the quality of the various weather effects and details put into the setting. The sand looks nice, the wind, the sand whirlwind, etc.
Page: 1 of 1