Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

About char_color_etc... (Checking for a glitch)

Page: 1 of 1
 Lathain Valtiel
01-19-2006, 7:54 PM
In base JKA, what happens if you set all of them to, say, all zeroes or all 30s? I'm asking because I think something is messed up in my install somewhere, and setting almost any single color to zero for some reason gives me a white skin more often to not. Al I know is that red 38, green 0, and blue 38 is NOT white.
 Kurgan
01-19-2006, 9:55 PM
It's a little odd. If you set them all to 255 or all to 0, it results in white. It's not exactly like the color scale in say, photoshop. Notice that all 256 is "pure black" (no shading whatsoever). The RGB values just go based on whatever the Quake3 engine is set to, not some universal external standard. So you just have to play with it a bit to get what you want, at least that's what I've found. With OJP you can experiment a little quicker and easier to see what values indicate what and use those values in basejka at your leisure. Or bind them to keys, for extra fun (just don't switch colors too fast, as it can't handle all the changes). ;)
Page: 1 of 1