Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Anyone like Battletech?

Page: 1 of 1
 Rha
01-19-2006, 4:36 PM
After playing the Demo I can't help, but think this could be modded into a nice Battletech game.:atpt:

Any thoughts? :ears1:
 sherlockemery
01-21-2006, 5:17 PM
I always thought they could have used the Mecomander series to get a game similar to this but set in the Battletech universe. I'd love to see a game like this for Battletech.
 AceTimberwolf
01-21-2006, 11:33 PM
U kno wat I was just thinking that. It would be great. MechCommander 2 was not so great but it was heading in somewhat the right direction there is a C&C Gen Mod to convert to total Battletech but With this Engine it would be alot better. Lets see if anyone could pick it up. and Hopefully if they do they would do it as FASA Battletech not WIZKIDZ DarkAge Mechwarrior
 AceTimberwolf
01-22-2006, 2:41 PM
Well again I was thinking and what factions there could be and Units. well I think 3 Factions would work no? We could have either houses or Clans or allied Houses. well seeing its galactic conquest Clans can start on the outer rim and head in as in Battletech. Changing History Clan Smoke Jaguar could be the one to Try to take over the Innersphere and Succeed this time around. Next could be the Federated Commonwealth defending against the invading clans. Faction three could be Either Mercs or Draconis Combine House Kurita Trying to take over while the Federated Commonwealth fight the clans. Actually Mercs would be great heros. Having Gray or Kell in their Mechs. It probably be a good time to introduce some of the older mechs that have had an impact in the Mech community like Annihilator and King Crab in the 100 ton range. Then u got the VTOL(Vertical Take off and Landing craft) and Elementals and Infantry. Mechs would probably include of course Madcat/Timberwolf Daishi/Dire Wolf Vulture/Mad Dog Bushwacker Nova Cat Cougar Raven as a Recon unit Awesome JagerMech and I could keep going but you get the idea. I don't kno how to do any of this modding stuff But I could write out a story or something or make Discriptions if someone is willing on starting it up
 PRJ_Master
02-02-2006, 1:33 AM
heh....this sounds sweet.

'course, the only Battletech books I've ever read was pre-clans....Stackpole's books from the 1980s, lol....

the marriage of Katrina Steiner and Hanse Davion....
 XavionDeos
02-02-2006, 2:44 AM
I too would love to see that. Mechwarrior 2/4/mercs were all great, but theyve never made a good Battletech game. Never a good tactical/strategy game tho, at least none ive ever played that held my intrest for more than 5 minutes.
Page: 1 of 1