Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

tutorial mission 1 freezes after about 5 minutes

Page: 1 of 1
 sanderke
01-19-2006, 2:36 PM
Well ok, I've downloaded the demo overnight, twice actually, one torrent and one ftp just to be sure I got one to install from even if one of the downloads would fail. (since another download of mine went corrupt 60% through)
Either way, it finished, I installed it this morning, almost got late for school thanks to that but meh, that's not the point.
I came home after a long schoolday which felt even longer for my want to play the demo when I got home.

So I come home, go upstairs, turn on the comp, start the tutorial, and bam! after about 5 minutes it freezes.
Ok so that was a disappointment but nevertheless, I rebooted and tried again, bam! same thing happened at about the same time.
(note: not triggered by something ingame, I was slightly farther on this time thanks to knowing what to do)
Ok so I figured I'd update my drivers, just did that, turned down the graphics somewhat just because I was cautious and still, when I started the tutorial, bam! and my system froze.

System info:
AMD Athlon XP 2800+
Nvidia Geforce 6600GT 126mb (AGP version)
1024mb DDR-ram
onboard sound

Can anyone help me? I've been anxious to play ever since the big let down in december so you can figure how I feel about this :(
 DarthMaulUK
01-19-2006, 3:02 PM
At a guess - Im betting on graphic card drivers. Although your PC/graphic card might be new, you will have to update them. Also, install the Direct x9c that comes with the demo
>> drivers www.nvidia.com)

DMUK
 sanderke
01-19-2006, 3:04 PM
Ok so I figured I'd update my drivers, just did that
Also I did update my directX when the install asked me to.
 DarthMaulUK
01-19-2006, 3:14 PM
Have you tried to re-install the demo? Also, make sure that when you re-install that all background programs like anti virus are switched off

DMUK
 sanderke
01-19-2006, 3:16 PM
Will be trying that now, expect an update in 15 minutes.

[edit]
ok so it was longer then 15 minutes, I reinstalled and everything is working fine now.
The only reason it took so long was that I couldn't pull myself away from the game. xD
Page: 1 of 1