Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bothan Spy Visible?

Page: 1 of 1
 zerted
01-18-2006, 1:36 AM
I have heard this both ways, and haven't really seen any evidence to support it one way or the other: When a human Bothay Spy is invisible, can an enemy player view the bothan's name floating above its head (assuming 'show player names' is enabled on the online server)?

Post pictures! Also if you've seen this ingame, what was the AI level set to? Could the name be see on normal AI levels, and hidden on hard?
 ParanoidAndroid
01-18-2006, 6:02 AM
No, I don't think the name shows up when cloaked. I've been killed plenty of times by human bothans, and i've only ever seen their names show up after they were visible and had usually killed me. Also as a bothan people don't seem to notice me until I give myself away. So it seems to me names arn't visible.

It might have somthing to do with the difficulty, I almost never pay attention to it online, but I don't think it would.
 PoiuyWired
01-18-2006, 6:50 PM
Well, that having said, you can see their names when they uncloak, or semi-cloaked. Also one way to find enemy Bothans is to... bring along an AI. AI won't fire at cloaked Bothans, but they still trace their guns along them...

everyone SHOULD ABUSE THIS as much as you can, and knick them Bothans out of the sky.
 MandaloreBIC
01-18-2006, 10:29 PM
it will only target a bothan if it's a real player, becusae of the stupid game physics, which states that no matter how afar away you are, if you shoot at a target and there's a AI in the enemy's face, it will still shoot at you
 DARTH_SCARZ
07-23-2006, 11:21 AM
yep well i have never been able to see an invisible bothans name when it was an enemy but if it is an ally you can see it but ya the ai shouldnt target humans specificly

now if you get energy regeneration you can stay invisible forever but if someone has there volume up they can here the energy regen working and ai do shoot you if you have energy regen as a bothan
 Davinq
07-28-2006, 7:32 PM
Darn, I was hoping this would cover the topic that the 1.1 Patch has rendered my Bothan's Invisibility null and void, cuz it doesn't work :(.
 MachineCult
07-29-2006, 7:12 AM
Being a Bothan is like suicide anyway. I mean you cloak, run to an enemy CP, kill one Stormie, uncloak and about ten Stormtroopers and a sniper totally blow you away.
 sith_bane
07-31-2006, 2:08 PM
i never liked being bothern spy because ur rate of fire is realy slow
 MachineCult
07-31-2006, 3:21 PM
It's a heat gun, like a flamethrower, there is no rate of fire its just a flame.
 -(db)-Leader
10-07-2006, 10:43 AM
Bothans are actually visible.
I found that out when some other players killed me when they saw me (cloaked)...
xD
 PoiuyWired
10-07-2006, 3:13 PM
Well, actually Bothans are visible (somewhat, so-called semi-cloaked) when they pickup stuff, or bump into something. Their names only disappear when they are FULLY CLOAKED. Obviously everyons should set the naem tag thingy to be always on, so even an almost invisible bothan can be targeted easily.

Bothans are good only as bomb planter and health buff though they work decent in capturing CPs.
Page: 1 of 1