Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I'm Trying To Make Compatible Two Specific Mods.

Page: 1 of 1
 Catoblepas
01-17-2006, 8:29 PM
They both use the Baseitems.2da. The Mods are TSL Movie Jedi Robes And Armour Mod and The Ultimate Saber Mod (I am also using an alternate saber sounds mod, but the two mods seem compatible, as mentioned by the Sound mod's readme).

The .2da merge utility gave me an error message and did not create a merged .2da file when I tried to merge. I opened the current .2da that came with The USM, and I opened up the one that came with the robe mod to copy lines. The line numbering is the least of my worries (they use same number lines. Is that bad? Does it matter?). I can't seem to find the things that are added to the game by the Robe mod. In the readme it gives a list of the robe parameters, texture used, and the icon used. I looked at the .2da that came with the robe mod and could find none of the files mentioned in the readme listed there. Also, it appears some of the robes are gender specific, and that leads me to believe that listed under the 'gender specific' column there would need to be something other than 0s. Or maybe it works in the Morrowind fashion and either maks body parts invisible or makes the female look like they have male bodies.

Anyway, that is the extent of my problem, and I have no solution. Can anyone help me?
 Jeff
01-17-2006, 10:25 PM
I guess I'm behind these days, I didn't even know there was a 2da merger; but if you want to do it the old-school way, you can just enter the lines from one of the 2das into the other the same way they were in the original except for the line number, which doesn't matter if it's different.

Hope this helps a bit :)
 Nodakrattler
01-17-2006, 10:28 PM
This link will take you to a post I made about doing this before.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=1966181#post1966181)

Also read a few posts down about the .uti files for the robes.

BTW what .2da merger, I've been around for awhile and I've never heard of this tool.
 Catoblepas
01-17-2006, 10:31 PM
I seem to have installed the mod incorrectly. I copied the lines in the baseitems.2da of the Robes mod to that of my current one, but the game would not read 2 of the armours as armor, one would use an incorrect icon, mesh, and texture, simply looking like plain armor, and the duel robes would make my game lock up.

Again, I did no more than copy lines, changing nothing. That is obviously not the way to go. How do I make this mod work in conjunction with the USM?

EDIT: Ah, so that would be my reason. Well, I just attempted to open a UTI (YOUTEEEYE) file with notpad and saw no numbers. What do I open it with so I can change the line that it gets info from?
 Jeff
01-17-2006, 10:35 PM
Well you must have done something wrong, and without more info I can't think of what you can do to fix it. Simply typing in the exact lines from the 2da files into the 2da files that you use should work. I'd go through and double check your work, and if it still doesn't work, maybe you have some files that got overwritten or something like that.
 Catoblepas
01-17-2006, 10:37 PM
My problem is as Nodakrattler suggested. I simply posted a response without refreshing the page.

Arge... Anyway, the opening and reading of a .UTI file is still my current main issue.

I'm also afraid of double posting. Is that a big issue here?
 Nodakrattler
01-17-2006, 10:50 PM
My problem is as Nodakrattler suggested. I simply posted a response without refreshing the page.

Arge... Anyway, the opening and reading of a .UTI file is still my current main issue.

I'm also afraid of double posting. Is that a big issue here?

You need either Kotor Tool or a GFF editor in order to edit .uti files. You can find links in this thead Getting started with modding + List of Tools + downloads (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143421) .

Also when you added the line from the jedi robe mod did you make new numbers in the (Row Label) column. These numbers need to be continuous.
 Catoblepas
01-17-2006, 10:54 PM
I did not change the numbers. I'll fix 'em next time around. I have KotOR Tool. How do I look at .UTI files with it?
 Jeff
01-17-2006, 10:55 PM
You go to file-->Open GFF I believe...
 Catoblepas
01-17-2006, 11:02 PM
"The file 'a_jedarmour_01.uti' has no embedded version info. Do you want to open in using KOTOR II: TSL's data?"

Then I get an 'unhandled exception' message that says I can close the application or attempt to continue. Contunuing yields nothing at all. What is this?
 Nodakrattler
01-17-2006, 11:03 PM
You go to file-->Open GFF I believe...

Or press Ctrl+O, default open then select the .uti's: a_jediarmour_01.uti(Bandon style), a_jediarmour_87.uti,a_jediarmour_88.uti(Kenobi styles).

If you already made the correct Baseitems.2da edits you should be able to click the arrow next to Base item and scroll all the way down to your new lines.

"The file 'a_jedarmour_01.uti' has no embedded version info. Do you want to open in using KOTOR II: TSL's data?"

Then I get an 'unhandled exception' message that says I can close the application or attempt to continue. Contunuing yields nothing at all. What is this?

I just noticed this myself. In this case you will need a stand alone GFF editor, to edit the base item. You can find one in the Getting started with modding + List of Tools + downloads thread.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143421)
 Jeff
01-17-2006, 11:05 PM
I think this is just a problem KT has. From what I remember you have to just keep opening it over and over until you don't get the error >_>
 Catoblepas
01-17-2006, 11:08 PM
O_O

>_>

You serious?

Edit: You ARE serious! It worked!

Edit2: Well, it worked with two of them. This option 'Open GFF files,' does not let me choose a line in the 2da. I tried the option 'View GFF files as text' and I found an option "Value = 104."

I believe that is what I wish to change
 Jeff
01-17-2006, 11:39 PM
To do stuff like that you'll probably need a regular GFF editor, which Nodakrattler provided a link to a few posts up. But doing it that way might work too, I never thought of that. I haven't tried out all the new KT features since Fred has started updating it a lot recently.
 Catoblepas
01-18-2006, 1:22 AM
No, it's an option in the KotOR Tool. I get the initial error prompt, but the text shows.
 Nodakrattler
01-18-2006, 1:46 AM
I would suggest useing a GFF editor for this adjustment as it will be easier and there less chance of error. Just open the .uti and look for the line labeled "Base Item" and put your new base item (Row Label) number there.
 Catoblepas
01-18-2006, 2:01 AM
ALAS! The objects now no longer appear in the KSE! Nor are they given to me through the cheat console! I started a new game, even, to see if it wasn't simply my current save as the problem but a new game yielded similar results. I tried other codes and they worked, and I tried the one for the armor multiple times, which means that I am entering the cheats correctly, it's simply something I've done to make the items unavailable in the game...

I'm really screwing something up here.... Even with your help, the answers am am being given and the ones I am finding myself seem to be making more questions...

;_;

Edit: I used GFF Editor to change it.... And it made all 3 appear in KSE, but 2 don't seem to be working... Curious... And the first now displays as it did in-game when it had the wrong line.

>_>
<_<

I re-opened them and found that the lines remained unchanged! AH! It's not saving them as .UTI files, but as .GFF files!

The lines are now correct... But, poo... The first armor uses the correct icon now, but simply looks like Revan's robes in mesh and texture, and the other two don't work at all....

Even as I re-unzip the mod and edit clean files, the two other armor robes simply DO NOT work! AT ALL! The only way I got the mod to work was without any other mod! It is driving me crazy! But I'm too stubborn to yield. I want to fix this (And I obviously need help (big time))...
 RedHawke
01-18-2006, 9:54 AM
Catoblepas,

Just an FYI, having multiple posts in a row is called Double posting and it is generally a no-no, if you have something to add to a thread and you have the last post please use the "edit this" feature and add your new info to that last post. Thanks. ;)

I re-opened them and found that the lines remained unchanged!
I think I know why this is happening. When you alter things in a GFF Editor, remeber to push the 'enter' key after you type in the new rowlabel or your changes might not take effect, then save the file, the same rule applies to any changes made with a GFF Editor, unless you press the 'enter' key the change you make won't happen.

Also uti files are GFF files, so are most of the other game files, utc, utp, etc. :D
 Catoblepas
01-18-2006, 4:57 PM
Thanks for the heads up on Double-Posting. I asked about it in an earlier post.

You were correct in assuming that I did not push 'Enter' after I had made changes with GFF editor. Instead, after my initial changes, I found that they did not take effect, so I made them again then click elsewhere in the window and the changes took place. Pushing 'Enter' is better though.

But the problem, was, now I know, that when I copied the lines into my baseitems.2da, when I changed '105' to '110,' I didn't push anything. I simply saved the file and exited. The '110' reverted to '105' afterwards. I found this out, figured why it happened thanks you your mention of not hitting 'Enter' in the GFF editor to apply tha changes, and now the robes work. Well... The Armour ones do... I had a problem with the tunics causing my game to freeze, but, I don't feel that that will be an issue anymore.

You have all helped me a lot. Thank you.
 Nodakrattler
01-18-2006, 11:03 PM
Well... The Armour ones do... I had a problem with the tunics causing my game to freeze, but, I don't feel that that will be an issue anymore.

You did use the apperance.2da that came with the mod right?

If you edited an apperance.2da that you already had you will need to copy the info from the "L model and tex columns" for the male PC's. You will not be able to use this with female unless you want to give up the dancers outfit.
Page: 1 of 1