Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How hard would it be (dreadnaught)

Page: 1 of 1
 Rebelknight
01-16-2006, 2:25 PM
Anyone working on MOD to add the dreadnaught? Its the perfict ship is this time line and I would LOVE to have it in the game. Let me know what it would take and who I need to Email......

Thanx
reb

:vsd:
 Xyvik
01-16-2006, 3:48 PM
Well, The Sith War will be including a Dreadnaught, although the story is that the ship has been around that long (even if it hasn't, my storyline is independant and I can get away with it). I've always loved the dreadnaught so it will find its place as a capital ship for the Republic.

But if you're looking for it as an addition to the time period of EaW, TSW is not your first choice.
 Rebelknight
01-16-2006, 4:15 PM
how will that work? I don't understand how this MOD thing works, can ya explain it to me?

popcorn2008
01-16-2006, 4:19 PM
FAQ about mods is here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=157847)

That thread pertains to how mods are being developed at this stage. If you have any questions about the process of making mods post them there. :)
 Rebelknight
01-16-2006, 5:33 PM
its not about making them its about how the mods will affect my game, will I be able to play online ok? Will the Dread replace a ship or will it just be added
 Xyvik
01-17-2006, 5:33 AM
its not about making them its about how the mods will affect my game, will I be able to play online ok? Will the Dread replace a ship or will it just be added

That depends on the mod. If Empire at War follows standards, then if you have files that are different from the person you are trying to connect to you won't be able to play online with that person, you'll have to find somebody who has the same mod. That helps prevent people from altering their files for the purpose of cheating. Not sure if EaW will follow these standards, but that is what I am assuming.

Also, whether the ship is simply added or something else depends on the mod. For instance, in The Sith War, the model will be completely new, as will the ships charactheristics and everything. However, in another mod, they might simply give you a Dreadnaught model to replace an existing vehicle. Those kind of mods aren't as common in the RTS realm, but it would basically be the exact same vessel (ie Star Destroyer) just it now looks like a Dreadnaught. You'll probably have to wait and see.
 Juggernaut1985
01-17-2006, 12:13 PM
I apologize for fosh who has overstepped his bounds yet again and has commented on that which he can't comment on.
 Rebelknight
01-17-2006, 4:45 PM
Legacy of War

is that a MOD, Where can I get this mod?

popcorn2008
01-17-2006, 6:20 PM
You can get Legacy of war here:

http://legacy.gamemod.net/)

Though of course it is only in the design stage :D
 Darth Windu
01-24-2006, 10:35 PM
The Imperial Assault 2: Rise of the Empire mod will also contain the Dreadnaught as part of a full Republic side. Just go to http://www.imperialassault.com/rote/)
 SithJedi
01-26-2006, 8:48 PM
:holosid: the dreadnought rules and thats good that a lot mods have it.:holosid:
 Nakatomi2010
01-31-2006, 5:11 PM
According to the Timothy Zahn books the Dreadnaughts were in the Clone Wars....
Page: 1 of 1