Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Problem with running a some mods

Page: 1 of 1
 By Design
01-16-2006, 2:07 AM
Has anyone ran into a circumstance where they were running the Ultimate Saber mod and are unable to complete the Dark Sith Master fight in Freedom Nadd's tomb?

When I try to leave after looting everthing there is still 1 Dark Sith Master standing with about 15% of his health. This npc never becomes hostile so I can't kill him to see if that is what is blocking my way exiting the chamber.

I am running a couple of other mods however.

beancounter's difficulty mod (Insane)
High Level Force Powers v2.1

If I try disabling the Ultimate Saber mod my game crashes as I have various items from this mod in my inventory and equipped on characters. I have taken out Beancounter and the HLFP mods which don't affect the problem. aka its still present.

Any help would be appreciated./
 RedHawke
01-16-2006, 2:14 AM
The problem is the script that is run to kill the Sith on the ritual if the Sith has more than 1000 HP he will not die.

Short term solution is for you to remove the Hardcore mod file k_ai_master.ncs from your override, for just that tomb area, and load a save from before you enter the tomb this should fix that problem, you can then drop that file back in after you have completed the tomb.

stoffe -mkb- had made and posted a fix for that cutscene error, but I'll have to look for it, or someone can post it here for you. ;)

I hope this helps! :D

Edit: Found that post! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=1960135#post1960135) Just do what stoffe instructs there. ;)
 By Design
01-16-2006, 6:03 PM
Thanks RedHawke
 RedHawke
01-17-2006, 12:34 AM
You are welcome! Enjoy! :D

Edit: I'm actually glad you asked this as I forgot to install that file in my own game, I run Hardcore Mod plus Achilles Rebalance Mod! ;)
 thegreatjoshini
01-17-2006, 1:04 AM
I am having some troubles with running a mod myself, actually. I would like to use Aurora's Crazy Rebalance mod, but every time I try to use it, it doesn't work. What happens is that whenever I create my character, I don't have all the skills as class skills. I have tried running the mod without any patches or mods of any sort and with the 1.0b patch and the Nvidia KotOR 2 Media Patches and both times it didn't work. Will it work if I just use the 1.0b patch from Lucasarts or is there something else wrong that I don't know about?
 Jackel
01-17-2006, 1:56 AM
With Aurora's rebalance mod mod did you unzip/ unrar the files in it? or just drop the entire thing in to override?
 thegreatjoshini
01-17-2006, 3:57 AM
Yes I did Unrar them. All it had in it was a file named Crazy Rebalance without a file extension. The same goes for her normal rebalance mod. Just in case you are wondering I do have both mods. I don't have them installed right now but my game is patched to 1.0b without the Nvidia Media patches.
Page: 1 of 1