Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Finished Grim Fandango

Page: 1 of 1
 Paranoidish
01-14-2006, 8:51 PM
I just finished Grim Fandango and there are no words. I can't describe it. I know how cliche that sounds but for the first time I find myself saying that.

I adore the connections, difficulty, characters, everything!

Tim Schafer really knows how to get to you.
 Klia
01-14-2006, 9:03 PM
I'm at a loss for words as well. Not because I think they're is anything wrong with your reaction but because all I can really say is "me too".
 VampireNaomi
01-15-2006, 3:13 AM
Agreed. The first time I finished the game I was in daze for a few hours. I wasn't able to do anything but sit and go over everything that had happened.

And sometimes when you listen to the soundtrack, you find yourself just sitting in one place without doing or thinking anything. It's like magic.
 Paranoidish
01-15-2006, 9:10 AM
Thanks guys. Its the next morning and I still can't beleive that the gameis finished. Its almost as if I missed something and I've just got to play some more to find it.

I'm at a loss for words as well. Not because I think they're is anything wrong with your reaction but because all I can really say is "me too".

Thanks, I guess I'm not the only one.

And sometimes when you listen to the soundtrack, you find yourself just sitting in one place without doing or thinking anything. It's like magic.

Funny, because I had the soundtrack before from my friend and thought it was really nice and professional music. Now, I'm sure it will hold more meaning for me. Too bad I don't have it any more.
 VampireNaomi
01-15-2006, 9:19 AM
Its almost as if I missed something and I've just got to play some more to find it.

Most likely. Every time I play the game again I notice something that missed my attention before. Using some item on something or someone or examining something new. For a long time I played the game using only 'enter' as the action key. Imagine how thrilled I was when I realised that you can get tons of new descriptions and reactions by pressing 'e' and 'p' instead. :D

By the way, your avatar is really cool. CMI is love.
 Paranoidish
01-15-2006, 9:30 AM
Yeah, I read the manual too and figured out that I could actually run! Unfortunatly, I didn't learn this until well after the petrified forest which would have really made things go faster. :rolleyes:

And 2, yes, I am a Tim Schaffer fan-girl and proud of it.
 VampireNaomi
01-15-2006, 9:52 AM
And 2, yes, I am a Tim Schaffer fan-girl and proud of it.

Heh, who isn't? ;)
 Klia
01-15-2006, 10:50 AM
Thanks guys. Its the next morning and I still can't beleive that the gameis finished. Its almost as if I missed something and I've just got to play some more to find it.
HAH! That actually happened to me. I missed talking with Max. Max! How the hell could I miss talking to him? So yes, I did feel like I missed something because I did.

The first thing I said when I finished the game was "What? I didn't get to see the kiss?"

But most of all I missed finding out things about Manny and such. He's probably the best character I've played...besides Raz and Yoshi.

I'm sorry, know I'm just rambling.
 SteveBB
01-16-2006, 5:31 PM
Heh, who isn't? ;)

I'm not
I'm a fanBOY :D
 itchythesamurai
01-17-2006, 12:30 AM
Yeah, I was in a bit of a stupor afterwards too, Grim Fandango struck me as a really meaningful and touching piece of media. Felt a lot more involved than I do in movies.
 Shuz
01-17-2006, 8:14 AM
When I finished GF I realised that it was turning point in my life. From now on I refer to events as as B.G.F. (Before Grimfandango) and A.G.F. (After Grimfandango). Well, not really, but it was a significant moment :).
 nutmeg1992
02-04-2006, 7:13 AM
When I first played grim fandango I got mad at it throw it a cuple of times and sat down and started playing it again. and tell me is it wrong really wrong that I cried at the end?
 Thrik
02-04-2006, 7:36 AM
Not at all. ;D

I didn't cry, but I was all ";(" at the ending. Especially with the emotional Glottis hug.
 Tuetonic708
02-05-2006, 10:47 PM
It's weird, every time i finish the game i get a tear in my eye, and get a very left out feeling such as if i was missing something. the obvious reason was it was over and no chance of a [see qwell] (a [sim a lee]/metaphore for this would be casting Demi no your enemies in FF8 that only take about 7% of your life away, you can use it as many times as you want but they won't die; The spell Demi is when i play GF, the enemy is the taste for my GF , then i get a very large pain in my lower stomache just under the rib-cage, it goes away until i go to sleep because i always play GF at night so yeah that's me :^:
 Klia
02-07-2006, 3:10 PM
Not at all. ;D

I didn't cry, but I was all ";(" at the ending. Especially with the emotional Glottis hug.

What got me was the kiss.

The frustrating thing about finishing Grim Fandango is that there aren't any "side" GF things. After the game..what? They have no gimmicky merchandise that Psychonauts has that brings back the emotions of playing the game.
Page: 1 of 1