Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Pick a planet, any planet.

Page: 1 of 1
 goldberry
01-14-2006, 9:45 AM
If anybody is having trouble picking a worthy star wars planet for them to add to KOTOR or TSL, I found this:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/antti.lusila/starwars/pics/galaxyl.jpg)

Before anyone tells me that Nar Shadda and Dxun aren't on there, they are moons. However, I am having trouble finding Malaquor/Malakor/Malacor (no I can't remember the spelling...).
 stoffe
01-14-2006, 10:13 AM
However, I am having trouble finding Malaquor/Malakor/Malacor (no I can't remember the spelling...).

Perhaps that isn't so strange if Malachor V was the only inhabited planet in the Malachor system. Once that planet was blown up there's probably no reason to keep the system on the star charts. I assume that map only shows inhabited star systems.
 Lando Griffin
01-14-2006, 11:36 AM
If anybody is having trouble picking a worthy star wars planet for them to add to KOTOR or TSL, I found this:

Before anyone tells me that Nar Shadda and Dxun aren't on there, they are moons. However, I am having trouble finding Malaquor/Malakor/Malacor (no I can't remember the spelling...).

Endor is a moon, the emperor said it himself in Return of The Jedi.
 Miltiades
01-14-2006, 11:56 AM

Who's talking of Endor? :p
 LiquidZoo
01-14-2006, 2:38 PM
That's an amazing chart. Good find!
 Shem
01-14-2006, 2:51 PM

Actually it's called, "The FOREST moon of Endor."
 goldberry
01-14-2006, 4:23 PM
it's good to see that google image search still holds its own.

Aha, so it was Endor's Moon, not Endor THE moon.
 Dath Abandon
01-15-2006, 7:45 AM
I can't find onderon?!

since when lies Dantooine south in the galaxy??
 stoffe
01-15-2006, 7:55 AM
I can't find onderon?!

since when lies Dantooine south in the galaxy??

Onderon is on the map, look for the square with the name "Jurvex" written in blue, Onderon is in the square to the right of it (whose name is hard to read since there's other text on top of it).

How do you determine what is "south" in a 3D void with no up and down? In particular since the galaxy is rotating around its own center as it moves through space. :)
 Dath Abandon
01-15-2006, 11:20 AM
i found it thx

and about the south, i didn't understand anything about it but thx anyway
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
01-16-2006, 1:57 AM
Interesting, I'm asuming most of those are from EU books?
It really could use a search function (this is the week my savant abilities go on vacation)

If it doesn't match the starcharts in the game I wonder if it is accurate?
Does anyone have any galaxy charts in some kind of SW encyclopedia? (don't worry, having one of those gets you respect here;))
 JediGandalf
01-16-2006, 2:56 AM
I highlighted the planets from both games. Green is K1. Yellow is K2. I could not find the aforementioned Malachor (V). I also couldn't find Manaan.

The Galaxy!
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/246/galaxymap7lc.th.jpg) (http://img18.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galaxymap7lc.jpg)

Edit: You have to equate Nal Hutta = Nar Shaddaa on the map since NS is not but a moon of NH.
 goldberry
01-16-2006, 2:57 PM
I *think* i understand why a few planets aren't on there. From what I can gather, the map I have posted is post-Galactic Civil War, hence "New Alderan". Or did I miss a vital plot element, and do they start building new new alderan after Return Of The Jedi?

Edit: I call Cathar and Mandalore! HANDS OFF!

Edit 2: On second thought, screw Madalore, but Cathar is MINE!
 LordReserei
01-20-2006, 7:59 AM
I know the surface of Taris got blown to pieces in K1, but didn't planet survive the bombardment?. if so where's "Taris"?
 Safefire
01-20-2006, 8:09 AM
AFAIK, The Planet of taris is still existing, though not inhabitet. Since the surface got blow up. Though, One thing that I can't find, is Manaan. Where is that? Also, Endor is one there. (I'm asuming noone could find it, and that was what the discussion was about)
 LordReserei
01-20-2006, 8:28 AM
I thought "Taris" would've been part of the resoration project like "Telos" and yeah where is Mannan?. I can't find it either. lol
 rgdelta
01-20-2006, 11:47 AM
If you look at the site this map is from the SW RP Universe which is post GCW. Also if you listen in Kotor 2 TSL they said If the restoration project on Telos went well (and if the cannon ending is LSM it did) it would be the template for restoration projects of other devestated worlds *wink wink* Taris as in the Kotor universe they could not blow up planets only bombard them to uninhabited.
 Lantzen
01-20-2006, 12:03 PM
They maybe dont have deserted planets in the map, or something destroyed the planet after the games.
 Jaden Kathel
01-22-2006, 7:03 PM
 Slipstreme
01-22-2006, 8:11 PM
Taris was already a useless rock in space, and as such the Republic decided that Telos came first since its one of the Republics most importaint farming worlds- next to Dantooine and a few others of course
 Darth InSidious
01-23-2006, 12:24 PM
I call Nar Shadaa for K1 :)

Ooh, and Drumond Kaas (TSL)!
 Darth InSidious
01-23-2006, 12:32 PM
I prefer this one :)

http://www.nav-computer.com/galaxymap.html)

Umm...you know that's a fake link, right? ;)
 The Source
01-23-2006, 12:45 PM

Wow! Nice resource!
Page: 1 of 1