Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Question: Item Properties and Spawning

Page: 1 of 1
 yohan
01-13-2006, 8:03 PM
~
Hello, as the title suggests I have a question regarding item properties and spawning.

First of all using the Kotor Tool you can edit in-game items, and one of the tabs is the item's properties. I was wondering what "Chance of apperance" does?

EX:When you add instant-kill to a lightsaber and set that to 10% does that mean it only has a 1 in 10 chance of killing the enemy instantly or does it mean with the random loot system 1 in every 10 lightsabers will have the instant-kill property?

My second question is how do you spawn your team members (NPCs) with their current feats + equipment without actually putting them in your party?

EX: Using a armband attached to a script that spawns Atton with his current equipment, feats, stats, level, weapons, etc. and fights with/agaisnt you without putting him in your party (I know spawning him is possible but how can you spawn his updated form, I've only managed to spawn his old form from Peragus)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
~
 stoffe
01-13-2006, 9:46 PM
My second question is how do you spawn your team members (NPCs) with their current feats + equipment without actually putting them in your party?

You use the SpawnAvailableNPC() scripting function to spawn a creature that is stored in the party table. For example... SpawnAvailableNPC(NPC_ATTON, GetLocation(GetFirstPC())); ...would spawn Atton (or the creature occupying his slot in the party table) next to the main character.
 goldberry
01-14-2006, 9:15 AM
that would work in KOTOR 1 also, yes?
 Darth333
01-14-2006, 9:33 AM
yes.
Page: 1 of 1