Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

2 Game Mod Questions

Page: 1 of 1
 -SE- madman
01-13-2006, 5:44 PM
Alright. I made some new male human heads, and after all that work, you'd think Id be okay at modding. But im too stupid to figure out how to fix the head icons! Gah!

Well... when u click the color tint buttons, the whole icons change a different color. Its wicked ridiculous. I tried looking at how other peeps did it, but I cant just copy and paste theres - even If I wanted to. It won't work

>:(

If anyone knows anything about modding stuff in theCustom Skin species page please help.

Also, there is another problem. I have downloaded the following skin packs:

Male Trandoshan
Human Female Update pack
Male Wookie
Chiss Species Pack
Prisoner

Well, they dont "mix and match" at all like they say in the read-mes. If you have the Wookie pack, then it erases the name of the chiss, trandoshan, and prisoner one. And that goes for all of them. I am very positive that this is because of the Base/Strings/English/MENUS.str that comes with each indivitual one. If I am correct, in that the name for the custom skin page is defined for each species, so that if you can surf through all the species and find "Human Male" or "Chiss Male". But because the Chiss .pk3 comes with just the Chiss ones defined, and the Wookie one comes with just the wookie one defined, they all overlap and mess each other up. I tried to fix that by putting them all together and putting it in a Pk3, but it wouldnt work.

So theres a puzzle for you guys to solve, unless its really obvious and Im an idiot. I've been wondering if you can add on all the species names using the "script" folder, but I dont know how to do that. An example of that idea would be adding bots to "botfiles/bots.txt" without having to rewrite the entire thing. If that is possible, then this should be too... I hope : (

Meh.
 razorace
01-13-2006, 9:18 PM
It's because your texture files don't have right alpha channel setup. I'm not exactly sure how it's done anymore since I haven't done it in a long time. However, it should be easy to look up one of my tutorials and find the answer.
 -SE- madman
01-13-2006, 9:33 PM
And I could find the answer to this in which one of your tutorials?

Its especially important that I can atleast make icons without the whole darn thing switching colors for no reason on me.
 razorace
01-13-2006, 10:15 PM
 -SE- madman
01-15-2006, 4:43 PM
Alright. After about 30 mins of messing with it, and looking at how it was done in the other icons, I realised that you needed to make a shader file for the icons. And its quite easy. So thanks for the help guys, see if you can solve the second problem.
 razorace
01-15-2006, 6:25 PM
Unfortunately, you can only have one Base/Strings/English/MENUS.str or else they just override each other. However, you can fix the problem by simply manually merging the MENUS.str together, namely the references made to the specie names in each file.
 -SE- madman
01-16-2006, 9:11 PM
I tried that razorace. It got rid of them all. Lol.
 razorace
01-17-2006, 1:38 AM
your modified .pk3 is probably getting overrided by another .pk3. Rename it to something with a lower alphanumberical name, like z_species.pk3 or sometihng.
 -SE- madman
01-20-2006, 9:17 PM
So the one I want to be read first, or NOT overwrited should begin with an "Z"?
 razorace
01-21-2006, 12:18 AM
Yep.
 -SE- madman
01-22-2006, 9:10 AM
Cool. I used that for my new tint colors mod ^_^
Page: 1 of 1