Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Starting Character

Page: 1 of 1
 frosta2874
01-11-2006, 2:00 PM
Is it possible to edit/find the scripts required the way you create your character? I want to alter the way you are given poits to add to abilities.
 oldflash
01-11-2006, 2:08 PM
If I'm not wrong that can be set in "classes.2da" but only on start new game.
 frosta2874
01-11-2006, 2:34 PM
Unfortunatelly not. The table does not contain information about starting ability points. Only the maximun suggested number of each ability to each class. I should be a script. I hope it is not hardcored, though.
 ChAiNz.2da
01-11-2006, 2:55 PM
This thread discusses the subject on abilities (and skill) points awarding for characters.. however, unfortunately, it does seem that abilities are hardcoded:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=149943)
 frosta2874
01-11-2006, 5:04 PM
hmm... I see. After reading that thread, I believe neither starting ability points can be altered. OK, thank you very much. :)
 LiquidZoo
01-11-2006, 5:24 PM
I know it's not quite what you want, but you might be able to make a quick mod that enables you to gain extra attribute points/skill points/feats/etc. on gaining lvl 2 (which, if you start from the begining, you have to do before you leave the Endar Spire).

Not sure how you would do this, but I have seen other mods that modify the number of feats you gain per level so I believe it should be possible.

**edit**

n/m...just read the post that was linked above, only feats and force powers can be modified, apparently.
 frosta2874
01-11-2006, 6:06 PM
I may do this, even from the kolto tank. L know the script to give you extra ability increase, and what I'll have to do is to make it work when you are in the kolto. I just wanted to avoid it, and make it right, more "proffessional". Anyways,... :(
 oldflash
01-12-2006, 2:59 AM
Unfortunatelly not. The table does not contain information about starting ability points. Only the maximun suggested number of each ability to each class. I should be a script. I hope it is not hardcored, though.

Yes, that's the place. Edit maximun suggested points and when you start new game use suggest button to make automatic distribution of points. After that you can redistribute points however you want. I give 2 extra points for each jedi class and works fine for me.
 frosta2874
01-12-2006, 5:11 AM
Aha! Never tried that, although it was obvious. Damn, I shall try it and see... Thanks!
 T7nowhere
01-12-2006, 11:47 AM
RedHawke made a mod for KotOR that could apply hides to the player that could be used to increase the players attribute points. Just search for RedHawke in the KotOR section of PCGM.

If your modding TSL you can add attribute points through scripts, here is a sample of that script.

void main ()
{
object oNPC1 = GetObjectByTag("DarthNihilus", 0);
//adjusts Nihilus' Attributes con +14,strength +10,Dexterity +10 (The attribute number are from "iprp_abilities.2da")
AdjustCreatureAttributes(oNPC1, 2, 14);
AdjustCreatureAttributes(oNPC1, 0, 10);
AdjustCreatureAttributes(oNPC1, 1, 10);
}
 frosta2874
01-12-2006, 6:36 PM
I actually tested the suggestion stated by oldflash, and it does the trick for me. Thanks anyway T7 :)
Page: 1 of 1