Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Grim tale is Mexican.

Page: 1 of 1
 Mr.Samoal
01-08-2006, 5:28 AM
I understand & see that Grim Fandango story is from the Mexican old tales
and stories. Its from the old Mexican Religion.

As you see in the Door in the year 4, Its the pyrmaid which is in Mexico.
Ofcourse the music and themes are all mexican, maybe the story is from the old Mexican religion, that they believe in how the humens will live after they die.
Do you share me the idea? or someone has information about it?
 VampireNaomi
01-08-2006, 6:25 AM
As far as I know, the story is based on Aztect beliefs about afterlife and how a soul must make a journey to reach eternal rest. Since I haven't researched the subject, I can't really say much more.
 Chaos Anhell
01-09-2006, 9:41 PM
Dead and afterlife. complex subject dosnt it? well anyway, aztecs bealived in teh afterlife, but they dosnt bealived about a paradise and hell, they only bealived about and afterlife. Somehtings that Many recalls on the final prase on the game "If i have something learned about all this is that you never know what comes in the end, but we have to enjoy the journey as much as we can" (well somwthing like that). Yes the story is retakes some important points of mexican culture, such as the festival of the Dia de los muertos (Day of the Dead). Whats that? well is a little celebration that we do here, putting an "altar" putting some photos of our dead friens and family members wich we love. We add put in this altar some food that they liked in a time. Anyway, thats why in the Day of the DEad, nobody is in El Marrow or in Rubacaba. Because is supoused that all the dead are coming to "visit their families", as is said in the game. Im pretty sure that this is an aztec tradition, since they honored to the deas and to the sacrifies. mm what more, o yeah i almost forgot, 9th is a sacred number for the prehispanic cultures, so that answer the question of why the ninth world. This is how GF is realated with the aztec culture. (do you think im beign too n00b by beign mexican and saying to all that im mexican just to have a little aprovation? if is this way, im sry, im doing all of this just for helping. really pls bealive me)
 VampireNaomi
01-10-2006, 12:10 AM
You aren't being a n00b! Quite the contrary, you were able to share info that nobody in this thread knew very well. Thank you. :)
 Klia
01-10-2006, 6:36 AM
Noob? Hah!

Why is 9 a sacred number?
 Mr.Samoal
01-10-2006, 7:08 AM
Thats what i call good information.
and i ask the same question, Why is 9 a sacred number?

Thankyou very much for the rich information.
Page: 1 of 1