Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lightsaber help!! noob question

Page: 1 of 1
 GrandMaster
01-07-2006, 9:01 PM
Ok noob question coming up!!!

All i want to do is to start with a little basic modding of my own, i just want to alter an existing saber from the game with its own name,stats etc before i move on to making my own. However i cant seem to do that my extremely noobish question is could one of you patient experienced modders take me under your wing and take me on a step by step guide to modding? i would really appreciate this as i think its only a couple of things i need help with before i get on the modding ladder! I have KT and gmax etc (howeveri couldnt get the downloads for it!) I would also appreciate it if sais modder extraordinar/teacher could help me with a total saber designing but thats in the futeure!!!! thanks in advance and sorry if everybodies sick of hearing about this subject i just couldnt find many tutorials on the very basics!!!
 Achilles
01-07-2006, 9:06 PM
This (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=132253) is what you need.

Due to the fact that you only want to make some simple name changes, I would advise against doing the lightsaber tutorial (even though I recommend it in this one). I hope that helps.
 GrandMaster
01-08-2006, 5:21 AM
Thanks Achilles i just had a read and it isnt difficult at all is it!!! I had already looked at the first tutorial but for some reason couldnt export the files so i sort of give it up, but the one you pointed me towards will be fine,for now. here i come modding world :lol: Achiiles you are a genius!!!!!!
Page: 1 of 1