Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars: Revelations (And other Fan-Film naughtiness)

Page: 1 of 1
 popcorn2008
01-07-2006, 6:22 PM
:D Im sure someone out there has seen this as well, and may be rolling there eyes at the thought of this film lol. I just finished watching an intereasting little Star Wars fan film that takes place between Revenge of the Sith and a New Hope. Apparently the director took out loans and a home equity loan to fund the film as it was made as a non-profit film. The cast was entirely volunteers and everyone who worked on the film was not payed at all.

If you wish to download and watch it yourself here's a link:
Star Wars: Revelations (http://www.panicstruckpro.com/revelations/revelations.html)

Well... I have to say it was okay overall. I know a lot of people will just give it a good rating because they worked hard and all that, but I do think they could have done a little better. Granted, I do realize that it was a fan film but I had to get used to the acting. Even Hayden did better in episode II than these people did. The story was more or less "okay", I won't give it away for anyone who really wants to watch the film themeselves. I would give it like a 7.5/10. Post your ratings if you wish :).

Just thought I would share it with you guys!
 90SK
01-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Wow. For a fan movie, it certainly is extensive. You're right about the acting: it was more or les low par throughout. But you have to give them major props for effort no pun intended.

I was...a tad mortified with Vader's voice. But the flight sequences were very cool, and the scenery was commendable. I can't help but feel that lightsaber duels are starting to become clichй.
 Stival Discipal
01-09-2006, 10:44 PM
Not bad. Although these people must have plenty of time on their hands to pull this off! But all in all, it would have to be the best Fan film i've seen to date. Hats off to them for trying...
 El Sitherino
01-11-2006, 11:06 PM
****suxfag.
 Reclaimer
01-13-2006, 2:02 PM
*coughtfanboyscough*
 Astrotoy7
01-24-2006, 9:09 AM
lolz.... need something for that cough ?? I wouldnt get too upset, running into fanboys at a SW gaming forum...who wouldve thunk it !! :p

Revelations isnt too bad, there's definitely worse fanfilms out there :)

Still the best SW fanfilm is quite easily I.M.P.S - The Relentless (http://impstherelentless.com/tek9.asp)
which is made by the creators of the very famous TROOPS fanfilm

If you havent seen it, check it out...visually amazing :)

mtfbwya
 sherlockemery
02-04-2006, 11:46 AM
What was the name of the one fan film where they parodied episode three?

where Padme did the whole "ani, I'm preggers" thing?
 Astrotoy7
02-04-2006, 11:53 AM
What was the name of the one fan film where they parodied episode three?

where Padme did the whole "ani, I'm preggers" thing?

I might be thinking of something different, but I think that was the ROTS trailer with mock subs. If not, the best sources for SW fanfilms where you might find it are theforce.net fanfilms area and atomfilms :)

mtfbwya
 sherlockemery
02-04-2006, 12:20 PM
Found it:

Star Wars Episode III:
A Lost Hope

This one has always made me laugh...
 El Sitherino
02-04-2006, 12:24 PM
The only funny Star Wars Fan Film is Troops, this is a known fact.
 Astrotoy7
02-05-2006, 8:07 AM
The only funny Star Wars Fan Film is Troops, this is a known fact.

your unending cynicism aside, whilst Troops is funny, its not the *only* funny one :p

The "Pink" series causes a chuckle, as does IMPS, "Bounty Hunter"(a take off of Croc Hunter) and "Anakin Dynamite" - whoever played anakin in that does a *awesome* Naploeon impression.... you..idiot ! :p

mtfbwya
 El Sitherino
02-05-2006, 12:14 PM
Anakin Dynamite sucked, Bounty Hunter was meh, IMPS was also meh, Pink was over-rated and over-hyped and failed to meet expectations.

So allow me to correct myself, the only good comedy Star Wars Fan Film is Troops.
 Orao
02-08-2006, 4:06 PM
Here is a litle movie made by fans of star wars univers. It pictures an ordinary day of the storm trooper inside the big Imperial war machine.

Enjoy :vsd: :vsd: :vsd: :vsd:

Movie (http://impstherelentless.com/tek9.asp?pg=chapter1_download)
 Admiral Sith
02-08-2006, 5:21 PM
Have you watched it? The only stormtroopers are on the ground :). Its pretty cool though, the space part is very inspiring
 Orao
02-08-2006, 6:02 PM
Yeah I have it. It's just a first chapter of the movie made by amateurs but is so nice.

I love that nooseart on the AT-AT.

Long live the Empire.
 popcorn2008
02-08-2006, 6:08 PM
Jmaster let's stick to constructive posts. There's no need to post that, just push the back button on your browser and dont even bother with the thread if you dont like it.
 MavsRevenge
02-09-2006, 12:25 AM
Thats an aweome movie, alittle cheesy but awesome, puts a human face on the galactic empire,
 Astrotoy7
02-09-2006, 7:19 AM
lolz...are the local mods asleep ?? There is another fanfilm thread active right at the moment, in which I had already linked to I.M.P.S :p

The 'Merge Thread' Button is your friend !! Done! - Moel

mtfbwya
 EAWFAN
02-11-2006, 5:13 PM
Still the best SW fanfilm is quite easily I.M.P.S - The Relentless (http://impstherelentless.com/tek9.asp)

yes it is the greatest fanfilm ever!!!!! i give it 9.7/10
 Astrotoy7
02-12-2006, 9:38 AM

yes it is the greatest fanfilm ever!!!!! i give it 9.7/10

lolz

congratulations on not reading the above posts and linking to IMPS the 3rd time in this thread to date :( :p

mtfbwya
 EAWFAN
02-12-2006, 10:58 AM
the first 2 lines of my post were quotes but didnt appear:( if you look at your post on 01-24-2006 is the one i qouted. i finnaly watched revalations and i thought it waas an average fanfilm(4.5\10) nothing really new and the acting bored my awfully fast(but what do you expect there not payed and doing this after there other jobs) but i do notice there attempt and say good job on a no paying movie;)
 Orao
02-12-2006, 2:47 PM
Hehe just look at Troops and IMPS and you will see. They are miles ahead of revelation, moreover I was laughing like crazy.
Page: 1 of 1