Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Couple of Quick Questions

Page: 1 of 1
 Zonzai
01-04-2006, 5:11 PM
Hello, I am interested in making KoTOR I harder, yes even more difficult than the mod that makes it more difficult. Anyway, I just had one question - what is the fastest way to go about this? Someone told me that just editing the baseitems.2da wouldn't work. Is that true? Anyway thanks for all of the great mods and any advice you might have. :twogun:
 Darth InSidious
01-04-2006, 6:51 PM
Yes, it is true. I think. You'd have to modify several .2da's. Anyway, I'm pretty sure there's already a hardcore mod for KotOR on Talchia's website...
 Zonzai
01-05-2006, 3:41 AM
Yes there is one, but I was hoping to make the game evenmore difficult. Specifically, I wanted to make certain characters in the game harder, aside from malak and bastila (which there are mods for).

The problem is that if I use redhawk's mods, I find that the game becomes too easy even with the hardcore mod.
 stoffe
01-05-2006, 7:45 AM
Yes there is one, but I was hoping to make the game evenmore difficult. Specifically, I wanted to make certain characters in the game harder, aside from malak and bastila (which there are mods for).

The problem is that if I use redhawk's mods, I find that the game becomes too easy even with the hardcore mod.

Wouldn't it be easier to just modify your installation of RedHawke's mods to make them a bit less powerful, than to modify the rest of the game to provide a challenge for their level? :)

If not, you could try to modify the multiplier values in difficultyopt.2da, which should make things harder. I think this will increase the damage opponents cause when they hit you.

If you just want specific characters more powerful and not every lowly grunt in the game, you'll need to make a more advanced modification. You'll have to find and edit the UTC templates for those characters and tweak their stats to make them harder. Most UTCs can be found in the module containing the area they are spawned in.

Be careful to check that the name of a modified UTC file you want to put in Override only exists in one RIM/BIF file, or your override will replace them all with unpredictable results.
 RedHawke
01-05-2006, 8:01 AM
Wouldn't it be easier to just modify your installation of RedHawke's mods to make them a bit less powerful, than to modify the rest of the game to provide a challenge for their level? :)
I would think so! :D

With KT and a little time you could have the .uti files from my mods whittled down quite easily, easier than increasing the whole games difficulty.
Page: 1 of 1