Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Outcast from JKOutcast

Page: 1 of 1
 sevenal
01-04-2006, 1:33 AM
Heres the problem.
I have played JKO for several years now.
Not a big gamer but like a little FPS fun once in a while.
I got this new DELL PC and a new Router DLINK Extreme G
and running Nortons Internet Security with Of course M$ XP.

This game runs fine if installed on an old PIII not networked
but on my new rig it won't run the multi player.I thought it was a firewall issue, or Permission thing in the admin setting.

Try as i may it's still a no go.

Thought someone here might not mind starting a thread that might lead to a solution?

Thanks in advance for any random thoughts on what I must admit to be a very vauge issue .

Oh and I might add UT plays fine on both of my networked rigs, while JKO
is a no go on both.

sev
 sevenal
01-04-2006, 2:29 PM
Anyone????
 DSbr-mjz
01-05-2006, 3:06 PM
shut up
 •-BLaCKouT-•
01-05-2006, 4:59 PM
shut up
nice :indif:

sevenal, when you say MP won't run, can you be more specific? Will the program just not run at all or will it run but not let you connect to other people or start a server?

I take it single player works okay?

B.
 DSbr-mjz
01-05-2006, 6:25 PM
nice :indif:
yeh u r one

editin dis:

:NERVOU ~~~BLACKOUT~~~ :NERVOU
 Good Sir Knight
01-05-2006, 10:50 PM
Wow nice comeback dude, a little bitter are we?
 DSbr-mjz
01-05-2006, 11:00 PM
Wow nice comeback dude, a little bitter are we?

yeh more lykl u bitter brah :rollineyehere:"

:twogun: :king1: :ears1: http://forums.teamdsbr.net/images/smiles/nervous.gif) :ears1: :king1: :twogun:
 sevenal
01-06-2006, 12:16 AM
single player is ok
the multi player starts to load then MS error report pops up and i can't read the load up text under the error report.
The weird thing is it runs so well on the PIII machine that Im about to sell.
This machine is new and I can't help but think it has something to do with the way XP acts with it.
I even loaded it on my lappy with XP and it will run there?
 •-BLaCKouT-•
01-06-2006, 4:40 AM
XP service pack issue maybe?
I had a bug with Dark Forces a few weeks ago which turned out to be some Windows hotfix that was preventing DOS games from running. Obviously, your problem isn't going to be identical, but try installing the latest updates etc from Windows and see where you get from there.
Failing that, an E-mail to Raven might be the only other option? :(

B.
 Good Sir Knight
01-09-2006, 11:49 PM
Oooh that seems like a little bugger, I feel sorry for ya dude.

and running Nortons Internet Security with Of course M$ XP.

Have you tried uninstalling this completely? (registry,folder..everything)

I bet you anything that this is your problem, then again you could easily prove me wrong here. :)

Also, could you provide a screen shot of the actual error/textdump?

On another note and with all due respect, it's my oppinion that not only will Norton products slow down your pc but they will also fail to protect you from the latest and greatest viruses. (sometimes it can't get the old ones)

I urge you to uninstall Norton.

Thanks in advance for any random thoughts on what I must admit to be a very vauge issue.

No problem, I hoped I helped.
 sevenal
01-28-2006, 9:57 AM
Well i tried to uninstall Jedi and run Regedit for all jedi,lucas,starwars folders.
Then rebooted and install Jedi from a brand new legit disc. I ordered.
Still a no go.
I try bypassing my network and going straight to my PC from the modem,
disabling Norton and still get the msg

jk2wp.exe has encountered a problem and need to close.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Any other Thoughts on the issue would be greatly appreciated.

sev
 mattbot2
04-10-2006, 7:24 AM
kk i suggest, before u go on it, turn ur firewall off, go into multi player and if it works, u know its a firewall issue, turn ur firewall back on, dont wana be left hangin for to long, i use norton. open up norton click firewall, then configure go to the programs tab go down the list and change to permit. hope this helps

mattbot2
 dtriniman
04-11-2006, 10:13 PM
1st off are you using the 1.04 patch? Secondly why in God's name do people in this year of our Lord 2006 still use a Norton product besides Ghost? Get rid of it. Get TPF or KAH for a firewall and use KAV for an anti virus.
 Good Sir Knight
04-12-2006, 12:31 AM
<i>Secondly why in God's name do people in this year of our Lord 2006 still use a Norton product...</i>

This man speaks the truth. lol
 jom
04-25-2006, 3:55 PM
Get TPF or KAH for a firewall and use KAV for an anti virus.

This could be helpful to me. Can you tell me what the acronyms refer to? TPF, KAH and KAV?

Thanks

jom
 dtriniman
04-25-2006, 11:08 PM
TPF = Tiny Personal Firewall

KAH= Kaspersky Anti Hacker (another firewall)

KAV= Kaspersky Anti Virus

I personally use TPF & KAV and have NEVER been hacked. I highly endorse these products.
 jom
04-26-2006, 1:42 AM
Thanks for that. I've been using Avast! for virus but it really slows down my computer. If you say Norton blows then I needed another choice...

Thanks again!

jom
 lil_binger
06-05-2006, 9:19 PM
tell ya what I have heard works for a lot of people when they can't get it to run on a new machine.....

locate the jk2mp.exe and right click on it then find the option that says "run in windows 95 combatability mode" and apply and try again.

We have had so many people get their JK2 running only by using this option.
Page: 1 of 1