Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How can Revan or the Exile be a PC in Kotor 3?

Page: 1 of 1
 Vaelastraz
01-03-2006, 1:22 PM
So... KOTOR's story is all about Revan and the Exile (at least for me) and how they affect the galaxy.
I think many people like the idea that they may be Revan or the Exile in Kotor 3.
But in order to get a nice RPG the devs need a PC who becomes powerful over time. And both Revan and the Exile are extremely powerful at the ending of TSL. I mean, sure, in Kotor III you could just start with lvl 30, but how can there be any non true sith enemies who are challlenging to fight then? Like those animal monsters.. Exile and Revan should kill 20 of them in an instant..
It would be ridiculous if your Party in Kotor III has problems with some Kath Hounds or droids.

This is a common problem in RPG sequels, most dev solve it by letting the PC get "Amnesia" like he nearly got killed and lost most of his abilities or something similar to that.

But in Kotor that wouldn't be a satisfying explanation.

So, although i'd really like to be Revan in Kotor III I am almost sure that there will be a new PC. And if the dev are planning to let you choose wether Revan and the Exile were DS/LS or male/female AND they have to indroduce a new PC ( who cannot be a "normal jedi, PC are always something special) iam afraid it is really hard for them to invent such a good story as they did in Kotor I and partly in TSL.

What do you think about that?
 VincentFreeman
01-03-2006, 1:28 PM
I think there should be a new PC as well but if we're thinking up how you could be Revan or the Exile...

Since the sith that you fought in the other 2 games aren't the actual true sith perhaps the true sith are uber powerful and even Revan and the Exile seem like level ones. And since it seems the like neither Revan or the Exile should be either very light side or very dark side in KoTOR 3 anyways you could have them start in the middle too.
An unlikely scenario but what the heck.
 Darth333
01-03-2006, 1:44 PM
We already have a number of threads discussing whether or not Revan should be party members or what rshould be their next role.

What should tbe their role: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=157856)

Revan vs Exile vs new PC: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=154330)

There are others too but these ones were on the first forum page. Feel free to continue the discussion in one of those threads.
Page: 1 of 1