Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Xbox Controller on PC - help!

Page: 1 of 1
 Kenobius
01-02-2006, 8:10 PM
Greetings. I recently modded an old USB cord and a Xbox break-away cable together so I can use my xbox controller on my pc. However some problems came up. First off, the right thumb stick; JO won't recognize the left and right motion. I tried to assign it to turn left/right. It knows up and down, but not side to side. Annoying, but I fixed it by altering the controller drivers to think the right thumb stick was a 4-button D-pad. Not as accurate as a stick, but it works.

That is, it did work.

When I join a server to play, the right thumb stick decides it doesn't want to work anymore and the left/right axis becomes unresponsive. Even the above trick does nothing. It's driving me bonkers.

Anyone here have any idea on what's causing this? Only happens in multi-player. And no, "use keyboard/mouse" is not a real answer. I've tried that, I'm old school console guy.
 Jamps
01-02-2006, 8:52 PM
I've never used a gamepad for Jedi Outcast, let alone a modded Xbox one, but I would suggest a few things.

1.) Check Yoda's Help Desk at the support section at Lucasarts.com. Even if you have a custom gamepad, it may be a universal problem.

2.) Re-calibrate your gamepad from the Gaming Options section at the Control Panel. I've had a joystick which straight out of the box it kept rotating left and down.

3.) Google your problem

That's all I can think of, sorry.

Edit: Come to think of it, you could also buy a regular double joystick gamepad. I've seen them at Walmart for 15 bucks.

Also, the new Xbox360 controllers are compatible with the PC straight out of the box through the USB attachment. They are around 50 bucks. (I've never seen one before, but thats what I hear.)
 DSbr-mjz
01-05-2006, 11:27 PM
Greetings.

:ears1: original sin u know da thing
 Kenobius
01-06-2006, 12:14 AM
:ears1: original sin u know da thing

...What?
 DSbr-mjz
01-06-2006, 12:23 AM
...What?

:ears1: Yes?