Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

TSL texture corruption on character creation screen

Page: 1 of 1
 Soltaris
01-01-2006, 12:44 AM
Hi, I'm pretty new here (posting that is, although I do some lurking from time to time) so I'll start by saying hello and give a big thanks to everyone for all the great information on this site and all the amazing mods :)

I wish all was well though, but I'm having a problem I'm hoping someone can help me resolve.

I often experience horrible texture corruption when I use mods containing replacement clothing textures (i.e. replace the texb in appearances.d2b). This _only_ happens when I start a new game and choose the new model and it shows her wearing the new clothes. Once I'm inside the game and start playing everything is fine but it really bugs me that the the graphics are messed up when I begin a new game.

To make things confusing, it happens on some mods but not others. For example, it happens on the Blue and White Twin Sun sister mod but the new clothes in NewFemPC_2.6 are always fine.

In an attempt to resolve this I've completely cleaned out my override folder and reinstalled one of the affected mods but that didn't help. I've read these forums and others for hours without finding anything. I'm certain it's not video drivers when some replacement textures consistantly work fine. That also makes me believe it's not a game engine issue. I'm theorizing maybe this happens if the textures are saved in 32-bit vs 24-bits as one possibility but I'm not sure.

I might be missing something simple but is there any way to fix this?
 RedHawke
01-01-2006, 1:02 AM
It is a glitch with the game itself, and nothing that can be fixed, unless you make all the PC models clothing the same for each class you will get this.

See the game just isn't set up for changing clothes models and textures on the character creation screen, as each of the 3 starting classes are supposed to have the same basic clothing model.

It is just a harmless graphical glitch, one we have to live with. ;)

I hope this helps! :D

@ Welcome to the forums! :waive1:
 Soltaris
01-01-2006, 5:09 AM
Thanks for answering this for me RedHawke! It lifts a great burden of not knowing.

For now I think I'll be removing most texb changes as I hardly see that in game anyway (you start out in underclothes and then move on to armor without finding normal clothes inbetween from what I've seen so far in Peragus).

There are so many awesome mods available for this game I want to try. For my first run through I think I'll stick with simple mods that don't affect gameplay balance too much. I'll use the blue twin sister for my character and use some of Stoffe's mods such as random loot fix, aitweak, and forcealign. I'll probably also get rid of the darkside skins for my NPC's and remove them from the other player models while I'm at it. Another NPC change I'm looking at is Achilles' fixed Mira model.

For my second game I'll probably go nuts with mods. I'll likely play light side and use a Bastila head with Taina's slenderbody 1.1 (although I wish the underwear in Nequam's NewFemPC_2.6 worked with that model). I'll also add the ultimate lightsaber mod, Envida's Ebon Hawk labstation, Envida's labstation implant factory, and tk102's remote influence. I may even grab attonsrobes, mirasrobes-p, and stvistarobe11.

Depending how I liked it in the first game I might download a mod to change the cantina music, get a mod allowing me to get handmaiden, and try out Beancounter's hardcore mod.

As you can see I have many asperations! :D
 RedHawke
01-01-2006, 7:38 AM
You are welcome! :)

As you can see I have many asperations! :D
I see that! Asperations are a good and noble thing!

Have fun! ;)
Page: 1 of 1