Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

EAX difficulty

Page: 1 of 1
 StaffSaberist
12-31-2005, 1:58 PM
Hi, everybody!

I wanted to celebrate my Christmas gift (7.1 surround system) so I plugged it in, painstakingly, and I turned on EAX Sound from Creative Labs. My speakers are also Creative, so I figured there would be no problems.

Wrong-O!

The sound seems... well... broken up. I guess I should say that the sounds don't mix like they should. So instead of hearing

*Saber hum, blaster fire, defection, saber swing, music all together*

I hear

*Sab-* *Blas-* *De-* *Swi-* *music*

uh... I can support this, my computer's all set up for Surround. So what's the deal, here?
 Lathain Valtiel
01-01-2006, 12:05 AM
Say hello to Raven's shoddy EAX implementation...
 Pooeypants
01-01-2006, 8:16 AM
Best thing to do is pretend the option doesn't exist...
 Crow_Nest
01-01-2006, 10:54 AM
I've never heard of a sound problem like that before. :p

the 1.01 patch is supposed to improve EAX support right? Why isnt it "improving" it already? Also, have you ensured you got the latest sound drivers from Creative?
 StaffSaberist
01-01-2006, 12:51 PM
I do. And to be safe, I downloaded them again. Nothing. It's all broken-up like usual.
 jmac7142
02-08-2006, 9:41 PM
What kind of video sound card is it? There are a lot of 7.1 cards on the market.
 Crow_Nest
02-09-2006, 5:27 AM
What kind of video card is it? There are a lot of 7.1 cards on the market.

lol, i think you mean sound card not video card :p

Im sure the prices of the Audigy 2s should drop after the release of the new Creative X-Fi's. Go grab one of them, you should be ok after that.
Page: 1 of 1