Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Any Beta Testers In The Module YO?!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
12-31-2005, 1:04 AM
Okay, so I've finished up what I was trying to get done before the first release.
I'm going to take a couple days (not including the one where I spawn camp wal-mart for a 360;)) to get everything organized, packed up, and make some handy reference material (maps with locations for all Transit Consoles, ship level diagrams, etc.)
I'll try and E-mail it to any interested testers Wednesday night (I hope:D)

The only things I ask feedback on are the functionality of the Transit System and the state of any encountered "wierd" sounds (I don't have a sound setup compatible with TSL, so I can't actually tell what sounds still play, however I left all sound related stuff alone just in case it can be used later)
Anything you find that I wouldn't have thought of is more than welcome though:)

This is my first testing request, so bear with me if I missed something;)
 Emperor Devon
12-31-2005, 1:19 AM
I'll be a beta tester. If I can see all the modules, I can choose where to spawn myself in your mod.
 Analia
12-31-2005, 1:26 AM
I'll test so long as I can get to there from Citadel Station cause that's where I am at the moment and I'm not cheating, not in TSL.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
12-31-2005, 1:40 AM
@ED, sure, those lists will be included in the "Bonus Materials" section;)

@Analia, If you're already at Citadel, the only way to get from here to yonder is to cheat. If I was to add a console to Citadel you'd have to load an old game from before the first time you entered the module (I might be able to add one where you wake up on Peragus, but it would take a little while, because most of my mod time will be getting everything organized, but you'd still have to start a new game:().
If you're worried about a "cheat used" showing up on saves you can load any save, warp to a module in the capital ship, do whatever you feel puts it to a good test, then when finished, delete any saves you might have made in the CS modules, then load your original save and continue as usual.
If you're worried about the morality of cheating, you don't really need to, what you get when you press whatever key you have mapped is a "console" it's more of a utility/program interface (for lack of a better word), the only time you "cheat" is when you abuse it to gain an unfair advantage over the game.
Most folks just refer to using it as "Cheating" simply because that's the most popular use for it. It's a tool commonly used in modding.
 Analia
12-31-2005, 1:49 AM
Okay then I'll help test than. When it's ready just email it to me at ~snip~

Sorry Analia, please PM your e-mail addie(s). We try not to post them publicly as it clutters the boards and invites mail-bots & spider-bots to start scanning over our boards. It's for your own sanity & protection ;) - ChAiNz.2da

I don't mind, thanks for the tip :)
 JediKnight707
12-31-2005, 1:54 AM
Sure, I'll test. Do you need to be anywhere to start it?
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
12-31-2005, 2:04 AM
All you have to do (If you're not worried about using the console) is type Warp "modulename" for whichever module you want to start in (it doesn't matter which), and once in a CS module you can warp to the others, for the first release every module will be accessable from every other module.
 JediKnight707
12-31-2005, 2:13 AM
thats fine with me :D I'll PM you my email :)
 Mossa
01-01-2006, 7:04 AM
Hey! I also want to help Testing! I am not an expert yet to this, but I do know a couple of things! Send me them! And thank you for taking the time doing this man... Soo sweet of you... May The Force Be With You!
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
01-02-2006, 12:41 AM
I'm still trying to have it ready by wednesday.

If you want to test it you have to PM an E-Mail address, so I can send it to you.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
01-25-2006, 10:50 AM
File sharing issues have been sorted, and files have been sent to testers (Analia, I sent an email to the address in your CP, it was listed under instant messaging so I don't know if you got it)

If anyone else wants to test you can now get the files in a quick smack hurry:D
 .:DSX:.
01-29-2006, 5:24 PM
I'll test. I have saves on citadel, Peragus, and one on Dantooine.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
01-30-2006, 11:41 PM
Check your PMs for the files:)
 rgdelta
01-31-2006, 12:09 AM
RedJohnnyMike I never got a pm or e-mail and I told you I would test it :-)
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
01-31-2006, 12:35 AM
Oh, I'm terribly sorry:( I thought you wanted it when testing was done.
You'll have it within a few minutes:)
 Dark$eth
02-06-2006, 7:08 PM
I'll test. Testing sounds like fun.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
02-10-2006, 12:39 AM
I just finished fixing the unskippable dialog problem a few minutes ago and won't have time to get it hosted, but what I can send you is pretty much the same the dialog just takes a little longer:)
Page: 1 of 1