Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Vash mod compatible with TSLRP?

Page: 1 of 1
 Kalandri
12-24-2005, 10:51 AM
Is S's Master Vash mod going to be compatible with the TSLRP?

http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/15520.html)
 90SK
12-24-2005, 12:00 PM
I'm guessing yes, though it isn't compatible with the M4-78 Restoration. S's mod is more of a substitute until M4-78 gets done.
 Darth_Robinson
12-29-2005, 12:27 PM
I thought that they weren't restoring M4-78. On their website, they say that there isn't enough content for them to restore it.
 90SK
12-29-2005, 1:23 PM
No, you're right. They aren't. These guys (http://www.geocities.com/m4_78/M4-78) are.

I would assume that as long as they don't edit much on Korriban (ironically, I don't think there's a whole lot of cut content, if any, there), it should work with S's mod. And if it doesn't, he'll likely be making a compatible version.

But the M4-78 project features Vash as a central character, as intended, and it will certainly not be compatible with Vash on Korriban.
 Razorfish.8
12-29-2005, 4:07 PM
At the moment, it doesn't seem as though it will be compatible off the bat, mainly due to the conflicting global.jrl file.
 The Source
12-29-2005, 6:55 PM
http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/15520.html)

I think this was a cool idea. I was going to do something like this before, but I became too consumed with another mod... I love it!

F.Y.I.
Yeah, the Restoration Team is doing a certain amount of work, but the files are not owned by them. Modding is about having fun, and creating things that you would like to see in a game. This mod was bound to be done, and I am enjoying it completely.

Nice job man!

Edit::
I wouldn't worry about it being compatible. I think some people ask for too much. Just enjoy the mod..

Edit::
One could make the argument, "Why doesn't the TSLRP make their mod compatible with this one?" It works both ways!
 Dashus
12-29-2005, 9:38 PM
We won't be going for outright compatibility with any mods. This doesn't mean TSLRP won't be compatible with a given mod it's just we can't guarantee it and aren't likely to actively work at it (though in some cases we'll include another modder's fix(es) to save us from having to do the fix ourselves). If others would like to make their mods compatible with TSLRP, we'll have a 7-zip available with all the files and people are free to modify it provided certain criteria are met.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
12-29-2005, 11:57 PM
At the moment, it doesn't seem as though it will be compatible off the bat, mainly due to the conflicting global.jrl file.
We're already aware of that and I'm going to write an installer/patcher for those who already have the TSLRP installed, so as to make it compatible with global.jrl, among other files :)
Page: 1 of 1