Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Music of Grim Fandango

Page: 1 of 1
 Mr.Samoal
12-22-2005, 4:43 AM
Hola Friends,

I adore Grim Fandango music and i tryed search for the trucks but couldnt find.

Lately i found a theme of the game which called " Bone Wagon For Bones ".

If there are more music of GF, please write down the URLs.

Or maybe we can have a Thread Library of GF Themes, which has all the URLs.
 VampireNaomi
12-22-2005, 5:58 AM
You can download the soundtrack here. (http://www.grimfandango.net/?page=soundtrack) Some other GF site (Grim Fandango Central, perhaps?) used to have a jukebox with some catchy midi tunes.

Also, years ago when I was searching for GF music I found a song that some bad had done to honour GF. The lyrics included some of the poetry in the game, but most of it was original. I've lost the link and the file, so I'm kinda hoping that someone knows if it's still around.
 Charie
12-22-2005, 6:37 AM
VampireNaomi, you forgot to mention if that GF-ode was good. I suppose you still have it on your HD?
 Mr.Samoal
12-22-2005, 7:01 AM
Dear VampireNaomi, Thankyou very much, & am downloading the soundtracks from the link. I just realized there is a CD SoundTrack which is speachily for GrimFandango.

Thankyou very much for the link again. :)
 VampireNaomi
12-22-2005, 7:11 AM
VampireNaomi, you forgot to mention if that GF-ode was good. I suppose you still have it on your HD?

I think it was alright. Nothing revolutionary and not my type of music, but not bad either. And I don't have it anymore. It was lost when I got a new computer and didn't think of saving it and now I can't find it anymore.
 Charie
12-23-2005, 12:56 AM
VampireNaomi
Well, then - who cares.
 El Virus
12-23-2005, 8:01 AM
If anybody is interested, you can find an even larger collection of Grim Fandango tracks here (http://soundtracks.mixnmojo.com/grim.htm);) there are 128 more songs and two CD covers.
 Viva Limones!
12-23-2005, 8:29 AM
The Sounds of the Land of the Dead are Haunting, i played Grim Fandango when it originaly hit the shelves i played through to or 3 times... then got a new computer... only to find my CD was ruind!

its not December of '05 and i found myself huming the Jazz tune that playes in Don's Office... I freaked right out... all the memorys all the intrigue flooded back to me...

I'm now actively looking for another copy of Grim Fandango...

Viva La'Revolucion
 El Virus
12-23-2005, 8:38 AM
Greetings Viva Limones!; as I've said many times, we are a small community, but we are slowly growing by the many that are beginning to join.

If you live in the United States, and only in the US of A (LucasArts sons of bitches), you might be able to get a new copy of the game from the official web-page (http://www.lucasarts.com/products/grim/default.htm).
 Charie
12-23-2005, 12:36 PM
El Virus
you can find an even larger collection of Grim Fandango tracks here; there are 128 more songs
You know, the 128'th one is broken, it is suddenly cut short in the end.
Well, that's insignificant, but a little disturbing.

Viva Limones!
Viva la Revolition, comrade :).
We're in a same boat, my GF copy is also, sort of, ruined, and I'm in passive search of another one.
 VampireNaomi
12-23-2005, 3:05 PM
Thanks for the link, El Virus! Time to burn another CD. ;)

Oh, and welcome indeed, Viva Limones!
 ivanbuto
12-30-2005, 10:38 AM
Hi everyone,

I just completed Grim Fandango yesterday. I'm still recovering from the emotions after finishing the game.

Obviously the music is an absolutely core part of the game. Does someone have information about specific jazz composers/artists/performers the music is inspired by? I did download the soundtrack, and have listened to it a few times. I guess what I'm looking for is possible recommendations of good CDs I could buy which have songs of similar mood as some of the songs in Grim Fandango. I realize there are different styles involved here. For example, which of Duke Ellington's work should I loook for? Any good recommendations for Mexican folk music?

Thanks,

Ivan
 El Virus
12-30-2005, 11:17 PM
Obviously the music is an absolutely core part of the game. Does someone have information about specific jazz composers/artists/performers the music is inspired by? I did download the soundtrack, and have listened to it a few times. I guess what I'm looking for is possible recommendations of good CDs I could buy which have songs of similar mood as some of the songs in Grim Fandango. I realize there are different styles involved here. For example, which of Duke Ellington's work should I loook for? Any good recommendations for Mexican folk music?

Anything by Duke Ellington and Miles Davis is outstanding Jazz & Bebop (Davis has more to do with GF, in my opinion, and is not as overrated). Now if Swing is what you are looking for; Benny Goodman or, my personal favourite, Artie Shaw were the best of their genre. If you want something a bit different from the GF soundtrack, Django Reinhardt was (and still remains as) the best at Jazz on guitar.
Since CDs are only selected tracks, or compilated dics, I have no idea which to recommend, for they vary a lot. Anything by the ones I mentioned is excellent. But, you might find that they are not very similar to the music of the soundtrack, which is more of a modern-jazz which I'm not really into (exceptuating this soundtrack).

I've got no idea about Mexican music, but try getting some South American Folklore compilations.

Also, welcome and feel free to browse and post in the forums.

Hope it helps, somehow.
 TheCrimsonClown
12-31-2005, 8:13 PM
If anybody is interested, you can find an even larger collection of Grim Fandango tracks here (http://soundtracks.mixnmojo.com/grim.htm);) there are 128 more songs and two CD covers.

Cheers for that link. I was looking every where for that.
 Charie
01-02-2006, 6:25 AM
When I need a bit more of GF-reminiscent music, I listen to Frida's soundtrack, it's beautiful.

Jazz doesn't remind me of GF because for me it's sort of 'some souls favour it', but definitely not the music of the LotD itself. Swing will always remind me of David Thewlis now, thanks to that son of sin and vice Cuaron. I like swing very much all the same, though.
 El Virus
03-01-2006, 7:35 AM
People, I found a nice site with traditional Andean (that is "South American") music.

Just click here (http://boleadora.com/farren.htm) if you're interested.

The best you can find is instrumental music, unfortunately most of the tunes are sung.
 Nick Virago
07-19-2006, 1:52 AM
The Bone Wagon is the best song of the soundtrack
 Smon
07-19-2006, 3:31 AM
You can find a pretty good remix of Bone Wagon here. (http://www.mazedude.com/aa/)
 Nick Virago
07-19-2006, 11:53 AM
"Archvyle" - a Doom 2 (Robert Prince) Sketch - Download the MP3 / OGG

"Funkiscope" - a 7th Guest (Fat Man) Sketch - Download the MP3 / OGG

"Prosthetic Sole" - an Escape from Monkey Island (Michael Land) Sketch - Download the MP3 / OGG

"Silent Jade" - a Jade Empire (Jack Wall) Sketch - Download the MP3 / OGG

"Sining" - an Earthworm Jim 2 (Tommy Tallarico) Sketch - Download the MP3 / OGG

"Stauf 64" - a 7th Guest (Fat Man) Sketch - Download the MP3 / OGG

"Stauf Never Sleeps" - a 7th Guest (Fat Man) Sketch - Download the MP3 / OGG

"Zombies in Space" - a Zombies Ate My Neighbors (Joe McDermott) Sketch - Download the MP3 / OGG

---
couldn't find that song :(
 King Dando
07-19-2006, 11:53 AM
Bone Wagon is one of the best songs on the soundtrack. To me it's like a "fusion" of surf and that Jewish kind of music, if you see where I'm coming from. Like I say on my site, it's obviously influenced by Dick Dale's style of guitar playing (He did Miserlou, which is more commonly known as the Pulp Fiction theme, In case you weren't aware). Banzai Wipeout is a good song of his, I think it's one of his older ones.

The soundtrack from the game Mafia has alot of songs which remind me of GF, many of songs are done by Django Reinhardt (I hear alot of his songs can be played with two fingers), an artist El Virus has already pointed out
 Nick Virago
07-19-2006, 12:21 PM
it would be really cool to get the guitar tabs/piano sheets for these songs!
 King Dando
07-19-2006, 3:05 PM
Check my sig, silly.
 I say, I say
07-19-2006, 3:31 PM
I like Blue Hector and probably after that the Lost Souls' Alliance theme. All the tracks are good but those one specifically stand out.
 Scorpicus
07-19-2006, 4:11 PM
2 words: "Swanky Maximino"
 urluckyday
07-19-2006, 4:26 PM
2 words: I agree
 Smon
07-19-2006, 4:47 PM
"Archvyle" - a Doom 2 (Robert Prince) Sketch - Download the MP3 / OGG

"Funkiscope" - a 7th Guest (Fat Man) Sketch - Download the MP3 / OGG

"Prosthetic Sole" - an Escape from Monkey Island (Michael Land) Sketch - Download the MP3 / OGG

"Silent Jade" - a Jade Empire (Jack Wall) Sketch - Download the MP3 / OGG

"Sining" - an Earthworm Jim 2 (Tommy Tallarico) Sketch - Download the MP3 / OGG

"Stauf 64" - a 7th Guest (Fat Man) Sketch - Download the MP3 / OGG

"Stauf Never Sleeps" - a 7th Guest (Fat Man) Sketch - Download the MP3 / OGG

"Zombies in Space" - a Zombies Ate My Neighbors (Joe McDermott) Sketch - Download the MP3 / OGG

---
couldn't find that song :(
It was the third song on the list, here's a direct link to the MP3. (http://www.plantacion.net/aa/03_Bone_Wagon_for_Bones.mp3)
Page: 1 of 1