Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

TIE Figher & Win98SE: Stack Overflow

Page: 1 of 1
 wwloon
12-18-2005, 2:37 AM
Hi,

This has been posted before but sadly, no solution was offered.

I am running TIE Fighter (from Collector's Edition) on Windows 98SE, Pentium II-400MHz with 512Mb RAM. Ironically, while I can run X-Wing on this system, TIE Fighter fails with the message STACK OVERFLOW.

I added this line to my CONFIG.SYS file => stacks=9,256 <= but it did not solve the problem. I would really appreciate any suggestions to correct this problem!

Thanks in advance.
 Wildstar
12-18-2005, 11:36 AM
I'd hunt for a copy of the "X-Wing Collector Series" or "X-Wing Trilogy" on Ebay or Amazon.com. Either package will have the Windows version of both games (the former will also have "X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter: Flight School" while the latter will also have "X-Wing Alliance"). :)
 kmjahnke
12-14-2006, 11:26 PM
I found that changing the stack= amount only works in the short term. What always works is to download a free super nintendo emulator that uses msdos. I use Snes9XW. all you have to do is open the program, calibrate your joystick, close it and tie fighter will work everytime. you don't even need to run a game with the emulator.
Page: 1 of 1