Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Two questions...

Page: 1 of 1
 .:DSX:.
12-17-2005, 11:06 PM
One:
How do you add custom items to character (.utc) inventories? My item doesn't show up under 'Custom items'

Two:
How would you make the same gun upgradable? I'd assume it's the same as with lightsabers (i.e. a .2da file somewhere)

Thanks in advance.
 Jackel
12-18-2005, 6:44 AM
Question 1

If your item doesnt show up a quick (and rough) way of doing it is put in another item and rename the item that is now in the inventory to the name of custom item.

Ie if you put w_melee_45 in to the override but oyur items name is dsx_armour_12 just select the w_melee_45 place, rename it, select a spot that isnt the changed item and save the utc file.

Open up the game, find your character and see if it is in there.

Question 2

Open up the gun uti file, on the front page of kotors item editor, select the "upgrade level" option and change the number.

0 - not up gradeable.
1 & 2 semi upgradeable.
3 - fully upgradeable.
12-18-2005, 12:26 PM
Okay thanks. I don't really get the first one, but the second answer is perfectly clear. Thanks.
 RedHawke
12-19-2005, 1:45 AM
KotOR Tool does not pick up custom items from your override, so when adding invantories to utc or utp files you have to add them in manually with a GFF Editor.

What I do is add a base item like my custom one in with KT, then in the GFF Editor later on it is easier to simply replace the tag refrences of the stock items with your custom ones. ;)

Like if you want to add an Armor, Robe, Pistol, and Saber... you add those things in just using a stock Armor, Robe, Pistol, and Saber, then in the GFF Editor just change the items to your custom ones.

I hope this helps! :D
12-19-2005, 12:17 PM
Ok, thanks. I've managed to add custom items to the characters INVENTORIES with KT, but not equip them on the character. Can I do that with gff editor?
 stoffe
12-19-2005, 1:25 PM
Ok, thanks. I've managed to add custom items to the characters INVENTORIES with KT, but not equip them on the character. Can I do that with gff editor?

You can do that with the KotorTool UTC inventory editor. Just double-click on the empty equipment slot and type in the resref (filename without the .uti suffix) of the item you want equipped in the box that opens.

(Remember that the character must be able to use the item, or it won't be equipped in-game. E.g. if you equip a heavy armor on a creature without heavy armor proficiency they will appear without the armor equipped.)
12-19-2005, 1:32 PM
Ok, thanks. :)
Page: 1 of 1