Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hi + a gameplay question...

Page: 1 of 1
 heiff
12-17-2005, 3:22 PM
Hi, everyone! I bought Grim Fandango around the time of the original release, but my computer was horribly slow - this caused so much gnashing of teeth that I never got very far - I'm certain I never even saw or spoke to Glottis! I think GF may have been the first computer game I ever bought.

Just a few weeks ago, I found my copy of GF in an old box (surprise! I thought it was long gone...), and started doing a little "research" online (grimfandango.net, ninth-world.com), which led me here. I am just blown away that there is still such a large fan base for the game, and also by how highly regarded it is by folks in the industry. I've started playing again, and of course have made a lot more progress than I ever did in the past! I wish there were more games like this one!!

Anyway...on to my troubles. I'm at the scene where Manny and Glottis are underwater in year 3. I can't seem to get past this. I've talked to the little guy with the lantern (Chepito?) as much as I can. I try to take his lantern. He doesn't let me. I checked the walkthrough, which says to pick him up. Ok, great...but every time I try this, Manny just tries to take the lantern (and of course Chepito won't let him). What am I doing wrong?
 El Virus
12-17-2005, 3:36 PM
Welcome heiff. The GF Community over here is very small despite there being a new member every now and then, the regulars are not many.
Playing GF is a great experience, and I can guarantee it will keep getting better.

As for your problem, try to pick the lantern when he is standing by Glottis just pull Chepito over to him, once you both are struggling. Then, walk towards the pearl...
 heiff
12-17-2005, 3:44 PM
Perfect, thank you for the help...I had a feeling that might be how it was done, but I'll be more diligent about it. Thanks!!
 El Virus
12-17-2005, 3:55 PM
I haven't played the game in a while (I was just about to install it, and replay it), so if the advice fails, feel free to inform me about it.

Hope it helps (and that you post here often).
Page: 1 of 1