Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Further Rookie BLues... I have more info now, but need help still...

Page: 1 of 1
 Teeeman
02-17-2001, 3:04 AM
I read some other posts in the general forum. I think the mission giving me fits is Battle4, Mission1 (bothan, or something).

I read that somebody took out the Black Sun ships at the asteroid. I must say, in modesty, that I consider myself above average for dog-fighting... I can handle the Black Sun ships the first few times I encounter them. But at the asteroid, they are vicious, more so than I can handle (I get SHREDDED by them, and stand-off tactics just don't work!).
Any ideas? And to make matters even more frustrating, my wingmen won't attack, and don't GET attacked either. I am the sole focus of attention for 6 PO'd Razors!
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST... Aeron won't get off my ship, even once docked with the asteroid. What do I have to do?!?!??!?!?!?!?

Thanks for any help!
Let me know at wall9@juno.com

Thanks!

Terry
 wookie2k
02-17-2001, 10:43 AM
If this is a mission where you raid Viraxo facility for suplies to deliver them to some kind of mining operation???

Well you should go after the razors before you dock. They allways reached me before i even got near the station. Anyway do not fly straight at them but at an agle, give them full broad side as it is called. Otana has 2 very poverful turrets. Just transfer laser energy to engines, which gives allmost double the speeds razors can achieve.
 K_Kinnison
02-17-2001, 1:55 PM
Normally in XWA missions they send out some ships after you when you dock. So what i do, is dock, then on-dock to go after enemy fighters coming after me. When it is clear, i re-dock, wait around for a while, then after it is completed i can go on with my business.

yeah, it is kinda cheating.. but then i am never going to sit around and let fighters take pot-shots at me
 emupiett
02-17-2001, 3:14 PM
Make sure you go for the fighters BEFORE you dock. There only about 3 waves of three (maybe less), I believe. Be sure you use your turrets on auto fire. That take them out very quickly. After they are destroyed, press Shift + D to dock with the station (within 1.0 KM).

------------------
"Intensify forward firepower!!"
 K_Kinnison
02-18-2001, 3:50 PM
Are you sure you got the right missions? double cheack the Battle, missions, nad missions name, then i can give you an EXACT walkthru
 Admiral
02-22-2001, 3:50 AM
I think your confusing the mission, once you dock, it does take a while just be patient it will happen.

and for the bonthans, once they get in hyper to the astroid field don't immediatly jump in. The razor fighters come with you, if you delay then the shuttle will be closer to the hyper bouy. (this is with that priate group)

------------------
"Dulce bellum inexpertis."
(Sweet is war to those who have never experinced it.) Roman Proverb
 Derrek Vri
02-23-2001, 1:03 AM
A lot of the time the trouble is you just don't know how your supposed to do something in terms of actual game play. You're told to "drop off Aeron" and it is assumed you know to dock with the station.

In cases such as these and other times when you get stuck, I've found this online game guide very helpful. It's <a href="http://www.makeitsimple.com/gaming/game_guides/xwing_alliance/">Make-it) Simple's Guide to XWA</a>. As an added onus to more experienced players it has a list in each mission that tells how many bonus points there are and how to get them.

And BTW, the best strategy to fighting off Razors is to destroy the first wave, dock with the platform, switch shields and guns to max, then hit the turret. As the Razors shoot at you, pump blaster energy into the shields. You've got strong shields so you can take some hits, but don't get distracted. Don't waste your time trying to destroy the fighters, just hurt them bad enough they break off their strafing run.

------------------
 Teeeman
03-12-2001, 1:53 AM
Thank you all for the help.
I am at least ecouraged that the Razors are beatable.
My gameplan for now is to learn to beat those crummy butt-wipes by first just skipping the objective of saving the cargo fleet and just going straight to the asteroid. Once I get the hange of how to waste those butt-heads, then I'll try the mission in full (otherwise I spend 30 minutes at a time just to get to the part where I get wasted... and I rarely get to play more than 30 minutes in any given day, and that's only when the kid's in bed, yard is mowed, car ain't broke, computer ain't broke, etc.)

Thanks again!

Teeeman
Page: 1 of 1