Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Wrong robe texture

Page: 1 of 1
 Miltiades
12-16-2005, 1:21 PM
I'm still learning about modding, so I wanted to make a Dark Jedi Master robe (not retextured, just changing the info etc.). I followed the steps in the tutorial on "How to make a custom armor". Now, when I equip this on my PC, (s)he wears the Dark Jedi Master robe, with all the info, but when I see her/hmi wearing it, it's a regular brown Jedi Master robe, not the dark one I wanted.

I read somewhere on this forum that, if you want the PC to wear a custom made robe, you need to add it to the appearance.2da file. Because i don't have a clue what to do, I tried to equip it to one of my NPC's, but it has the same result.

Can someone help me?
 Jackel
12-16-2005, 3:12 PM
You will need to open up your uti file and check to see which texture variation it is set to use. If anything but the texture for the dark coloured robe (texture number 2 i think*) then you will need change it to point at that texture.

*would check but my comp is playing up something serious.
 Miltiades
12-16-2005, 5:44 PM
So I need to change the texture variation to the number of the texture? Can't I just change the number of the texture when saving it (seen in the tutorial)?
 RedHawke
12-16-2005, 11:42 PM
^^^^
If you are using a stock game robe texture? No, you just change the texture variation in the uti file, easier this way.

You rename textures, etc. only when altering or making your own. ;)

I hope this helps! :D
 Miltiades
12-17-2005, 11:21 AM
So I need to change the texture Variation if only I want to change the info (cost, name, etc.) of the robe/armor?

And I rename the Texture only if I want to retexture it (what eventually is the plan).

I have another question: I'm useing the files PFBxxx and PMBxxx now, but eventually, I want this robe to be worn by a NPC (which I'll be creating). Will this work, or do I need othere textures for NPCs?

Edit: What you said, didn't work...
 Miltiades
12-17-2005, 5:24 PM
I'll post my 'robefiles' here, if someone could test them, or look what's wrong with it.

Robe.rar (http://rapidshare.de/files/9358769/Robe.rar.html)
 RedHawke
12-18-2005, 12:11 AM
Edit: What you said, didn't work...
No, what I said would indeed work, it looks like user error to me. ;)

So I need to change the texture Variation if only I want to change the info (cost, name, etc.) of the robe/armor?
:eyeraise: ???

Texture variation has nothing to do with the robes name, stat's etc. it simply changes the texture of the robe... you have to know what number your texture is though, then simply set your robe uti files texture variation setting to that number and save it to override, go into the game, spawn one with the giveitem cheat, and put it on... simple.

You will have to spawn a new robe each time you test it, because they load to your savegame at the time they are spawned, this might be your problem.
 Miltiades
12-18-2005, 10:25 AM
:eyeraise: ???

Texture variation has nothing to do with the robes name, stat's etc. it simply changes the texture of the robe... you have to know what number your texture is though, then simply set your robe uti files texture variation setting to that number and save it to override, go into the game, spawn one with the giveitem cheat, and put it on... simple.

You will have to spawn a new robe each time you test it, because they load to your savegame at the time they are spawned, this might be your problem.

I know Texture Variation has nothing to do with the name, I haven't explained it well enough.

But, I can also change the texture number, for example to 70, and my texture variation also to 70, can't I?

It has to be a fault I made, but I don't know which... If someone could check the robe I posted, I would really appreciate it.
 RedHawke
12-19-2005, 1:40 AM
I haven't explained it well enough.
Well, when we post we only have what you type in them to go by, remember when having trouble you can never give us enough information! ;)

But, I can also change the texture number, for example to 70, and my texture variation also to 70, can't I?
Yes, but this is unnecissary if you are using a 'stock' texture.

Confucious Say: First learn to walk, before you try to run! ;)

It has to be a fault I made, but I don't know which...
Start over from the beginning then, start by opening up the robe uti that uses the texture you want (Dark Jedi Master Robe) and edit that one to taste, then save it to override and then try that one. Once you get that one to work, then build on that one till you get all of what you want to with it.
 Miltiades
12-19-2005, 12:15 PM
Start over from the beginning then, start by opening up the robe uti that uses the texture you want (Dark Jedi Master Robe) and edit that one to taste, then save it to override and then try that one. Once you get that one to work, then build on that one till you get all of what you want to with it.

Does the uti file lawys belong to one particular texture? For example, does a_robe_18 belong to PFBI03 and PMBI03? Because there are also PFBI06 and PMBI06...

I'll try it again, from the start. But I've done this so many times, I don't think that it will work now...
 RedHawke
12-20-2005, 12:04 AM
^^^^
:eyeraise: Huh?

I strongly suggest you re-read and then use a tutorial while you do your editing, like this one here (http://64.20.36.211/showthread.php?t=143176) while it is for armors, robes are simply a type of armor and all the info does apply.
 Miltiades
12-20-2005, 5:41 AM
^^^^
:eyeraise: Huh?

I strongly suggest you re-read and then use a tutorial while you do your editing, like this one here (http://64.20.36.211/showthread.php?t=143176) while it is for armors, robes are simply a type of armor and all the info does apply.

I know, but it's because it fails all the time, that I don't know anymore what is good and what wrong. I tried on 2 different PCs etc.

The problem is, the tutorial is based on K1, and if you want to mod K2, then there are differences. (Not that many, but for someone who hasn't mod before, or at least me :p, confusing).
 Miltiades
12-21-2005, 10:55 AM
I'm just posting to say it worked. I looked in the tutorial again, and the problem was that I used the wrong textures. I used to table in the tutorial, but that was based on K1. So I looked in appearance.2da, but didn't find anything. But then I found baseitems.2da, and there stood the solution. If body Variation is 1 in K2, then the character was N, not I. That means that I needed to use PFBNxx instead of PFBIxx and PMBIxx.

Now it works! Thx Redhawke for support.
 RedHawke
12-22-2005, 1:39 AM
^^^^
I'm glad you got it all sorted out! :D

Welcome to the darkside of the Force :vadar:... er'... Modding, I meant welcome to modding! :xp:
Page: 1 of 1