Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Giving War Heads to the Rebal Alliance

Page: 1 of 1
 KyleStyle
10-16-2000, 1:21 AM
I am begging to dislike these family missions quite a lot. Um to make a long story short I am now stuck on the mission where your ALONE and you have to get warheads for the Alliance. Well I can get to the part where the rest of my fleet gets there but then the new type of ship kills me???
 Keyan Farlander
10-16-2000, 1:44 AM
Get one or two in each group with warheads from maximum range. When you run out, go evasive and put yout turret to auto-fire. That should help you stay alive.

------------------
Keyan Farlander

"The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way to factor large prime numbers."
- Bill Gates
 K_Kinnison
10-16-2000, 1:08 PM
if you do it right, you get a lock on at 2.5km, and red tone at 2.0 Km, do a slight dip after firing, so that the enemy doesnt shoot your missiles.

If you are going to use the auto-fire option, dont bother with Laser energy, it helps to have all laser energy to shields, and shilds at +1 (increased rate)

Try to keep the enemy ships in the "money lane" that is where both turrets can fire on them. best way to do this is Yaw to the right or left, or rotate
 Marril
10-16-2000, 11:25 PM
Um, you fly the one-turreted YT-1300 in that mission.
 KyleStyle
10-17-2000, 12:19 AM
Does anyone know how many of those new fighters there are??? I was wondering if mabey if there aren't many if I can just immediatly make a run for the hyper bouy and my new ships that make it can take care of them.
 garyah99
10-17-2000, 5:11 PM
Actually, your mission is to protect those freighters. I don't know how many Black Sun fighters there are but there are lots. You don't have to kill them all, I don't even try. Protect your freighters and after they all hyper out, follow them.
 biker0930
01-29-2001, 10:19 PM
this mission is really easy. all u need to do is first take out all of the viraxo fighters and defenses. next inspect 25%-50% of the cargo. when the black sun fighters show up destroy them all including the cruiser ship. after that inspect the rest of the containers. if u want after all of the freighters leave destroy every thing in sight.
 Stogz
02-03-2001, 1:49 PM
I would agree with others that this mission is really not too hard. My advise would be to speed up and get close to the platform. There are three good reasons for this. One you can kill the ships as they come out of the docking bay faster (i.e. before they go into attack mode). And second so you can inspect all the containers and the get the extra fire power of the transports. And the third is so you can use the containers and the space station as cover. The space station does not have active turbolasers, so by sticking close and flying arond you can avoid missile locks and long range laser fire.

Hope that helps!
Stogz
 Teeeman
02-17-2001, 2:44 AM
For Biker0930...

Regarding this mission, I played it a bunch and NEVER was able to take out the Black Sun ships completely... they always launch more in waves of 3, and kept me way busier than I could ever hope to get after the cruiser launching them.

What is your fighting tactics? You must be an awesome pilot, and I want to know how you do it (I'm trying to be honestly polite, not sarcastic).

If you care to share any tactics, I'm all ears at wall9@juno.com

I think I have my difficulty on MAX... what are you flying at?

TeeeMan
Page: 1 of 1