Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

ISD's- how to take them down

Page: 1 of 1
 the brystar
10-30-2000, 1:55 PM
Right now i have a question:
What is the best way in a mission to take down a star destroyer on your own?
I dunno.
I could take them down for fun on xvt but i h8 the fact of "dumb firing" as they are hardly accurate.
Any body have any easy ways (without cheating) of taking one down without just dumb firing the warheads at the shield gens then ion cannoning the blasted things?

------------------
der brystar
 K_Kinnison
10-30-2000, 7:37 PM
You dont need Ions, you dont need warheads... all you need are sound tactics..

its time for *music blares* The Force Run (http://www.xwaupgrade.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000004.html)
 Admiral
10-30-2000, 7:46 PM
The simplest way is to dumb fire or take out the laser turrents, an ISD is large so you can hit them pretty easily.

------------------
"Dulce bellum inexpertis."
(Sweet is war to those who have never experinced it.) Roman Proverb
 ME_Jeldren
10-31-2000, 5:06 AM
ISD and ISD2 don't have enough guns to defend themselves against a human
pilot. It just takes time. Just make one strafing run after another.
VSD and VSD2 are much harder because they can aim more turrets at one fighter.
But it is still possible to take them down with just lasers.
 nova_wolf
10-31-2000, 9:54 AM
Camp......
As a B-wing Pilot, it is important to know the weak points and chinks in defenses of the larger, capitol ships.
With the SDs, go behind the bridge, an nail the gun turret behind it. Stick in close, and blast away at the Shield Generators, but be prepared to leg it if the SD calls in the back-up.
Sit there and shoot it, making occasional dashes out to take the fire of the others strafing the ships.
Not pretty, but it works fairly well. But its still and SD versus a Starfighter in any language.

------------------
Nove Squadron, Elite B-Wing flight group stationed aboard the MC Oracle, home of the tech library.

'No capitol too large, no corvette too armed. NOVA squadron, for ALL your extermination needs. Our special at the moment - Eclipse Star Destroyers !'
Commander Jon 'DFMD' Adamson - leader of Nova Squadron (B-Wing ID = 'The White Witch')
 Admiral
10-31-2000, 7:55 PM
Another spot that has no protection is the engines. Take out the laser turrent behing the bridge than go for the engines, the SD will be dead in space and can't bring any weapons to bear on you. To pack more puch in both B and Y-wings link all cannons together.

------------------
 nova_wolf
11-03-2000, 8:12 AM
Dangerous - the bigger ships have a MAJOR engine wash radii - and they can be HIGHLY shield knackering. But I like the idea.

------------------
Nove Squadron, Elite B-Wing flight group stationed aboard the MC Oracle, home of the tech library.

'No capitol too large, no corvette too armed. NOVA squadron, for ALL your extermination needs. Our special at the moment - Eclipse Star Destroyers !'
Commander Jon 'DFMD' Adamson - leader of Nova Squadron (B-Wing ID = 'The White Witch')
 Admiral
11-03-2000, 9:21 PM
What you do is after the turrent is gone hit the shield generators, you then can pop down and nail the engines. They will go pretty easily with out shields, also if you fire slightly above them you won't take damage form the engins.

------------------
Page: 1 of 1