Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

2 questions about armor

Page: 1 of 1
 Darthdude99
12-11-2005, 5:18 PM
In KT where is the armor icon for the mandolorian assult armor in K2? Also I have a new texture for the Mandolorian Assult armor (the yellow version) and I want to make it into a unique armor while leaving the yellow version untouched. How would I do that? I'v tried using the tutorial T7 posted but it I was having trouble using it for the MAndolorian armor because their are things are so many different files. I know, total noob but I really don't care.

Thanks for any help.
Bryan/Darthdude99
 The_Maker
12-11-2005, 7:00 PM
You can find the (Yellow) Mandalorian Armor Icon at
Kotor Tool>Kotor2>ERFs>swpc_tex_gui>I>ia_Class9_004

For the blue one it is the same adress excpet for change the 4 to a 3 in the name.
 Darthdude99
12-11-2005, 10:12 PM
*Update*
I've gotten the unique armor in game with the right texture and icon. Now I have a new problem. Their a spots on the armor where the texture is transparent. What do i need to do to fix this? I have Gimp and a slight noledge (sp) in retexturing.
 Prime
12-12-2005, 11:48 AM
Most armour textures have a mask (stored in the texture's alpha channel) applied to them that is used to implement the metallic reflectiveness. You can learn a bit more about this here. (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=126716) If you do not have a .txi file associated with your texture the game will apply the mask for transparency. So basically right now the parts you have that are missing are supposed to be shiney.

The .txi file is a text file that indicates what kind of shine to apply to the texture where the Alpha channel mask indicates. If you like, you can download one of my armours (http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/games.html) (clonetroopers, stormtroopers, or whatever) to see an example of a .txi file and the texture.

I don't know how Gimp deals with this stuff though...
 Darthdude99
12-12-2005, 7:04 PM
Well I tried adding a mask in GIMP and add it to the alpha channel but I couldn't get it to work. ANd when i thought i got it to work GIMP couldn't even export it. So as of right now I'm stuck, until a kindly modder with knoledge in GIMP can help me... :)
Page: 1 of 1