Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Planting listening device mission (those infuriating zero-g Imperials!)

Page: 1 of 1
 Ba'rad
09-02-2000, 2:54 PM
For those interested, I found a MUCH quicker and better way of beating this mission. Go ahead and blow away the gunboats, the mines, and the minelayer (why not, extra points!). As Aeron heads out to the communications satellite, head towards that colorful nebula which is where the ETR with Zero-G units will come in. Be sure to have the lasers on full charge, and ignore the shield settings (but do make sure you have plenty to spare). As soon as the ETR hypers in, IMMEDIATELY destroy it. This way, there will be only a small handful of zero-g units which will mostly be going after you and not Aeron. I found this to be extremely helpful after losing some hair due to frustration.
 Thrawn
09-04-2000, 1:40 AM
Good idea, I never tried to play it that way, but it's a good strategy.

------------------
"Have no fear, your local Grand Admiral is here!"
ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn
Rogue 6
 Fondas
09-04-2000, 8:20 AM
The key to this mission is to understand that some of the ZGSs are heading for you and some for Aeron and of course give some space between you and Aeron. With your lasers diverted to engines, you have enough speed to intercept troopers that managed to get by you during the first pass.

------------------
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent"
TZG+7
 Ba'rad
09-04-2000, 3:36 PM
Yeah, I know, but if you destroy the Zero-G carrying ETR quickly enough, none of the Zero-G units will be going after Aeron, thereby allowing her to complete her mission with ease. All you have to worry about is knocking off those pests who are shooting up your ship.
 Keyan Farlander
09-05-2000, 6:41 PM
Originally posted by Ba'rad:
For those interested, I found a MUCH quicker and better way of beating this mission. Go ahead and blow away the gunboats, the mines, and the minelayer (why not, extra points!). As Aeron heads out to the communications satellite, head towards that colorful nebula which is where the ETR with Zero-G units will come in. Be sure to have the lasers on full charge, and ignore the shield settings (but do make sure you have plenty to spare). As soon as the ETR hypers in, IMMEDIATELY destroy it. This way, there will be only a small handful of zero-g units which will mostly be going after you and not Aeron. I found this to be extremely helpful after losing some hair due to frustration.

This is the only way I have ever done the mission, and I can tell you this - it works.

------------------
Keyan Farlander

"The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way to factor large prime numbers."
- Bill Gates
Page: 1 of 1