Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mouse movement issues

Page: 1 of 1
 BladeTurbo
12-08-2005, 8:25 AM
Hi All,
I just finished KOTOR for the 4th or 5th time and started playing KOTOR 2 again. I was wondering, is there anyway to turn of the mouse look up and down. I use my right mouse button to turn, but it’s a pain when I nudge my mouse up and it skews my view.
 stingerhs
12-08-2005, 10:23 AM
i'm not exactly sure what you mean. are you talking about going to the first person view or are you doing something different?
 BladeTurbo
12-08-2005, 10:41 AM
I use my up arrow and down arrow keys to move forwards and backwards and hold my right mouse button to move left and right. In the first one, that configuration worked perfectly. However in kotor 2, if I accidentally move the mouse up and down while holding the right mouse button I look up and down. Let me know if this makes sense.

Thanks

edit: i play in 3rd person view
 stingerhs
12-08-2005, 1:54 PM
ah, just checking. i think this was something the OE devs added in as a method of improving your ability to look around (not like there's a lot of breathtaking scenery to be seen with the sub-par graphics engine). you might want to try using the 'A' & 'D' keys to rotate the view left and right instead of the mouse since that will eliminate the up and down movement of the camera.

and the first-person camera can only be used when you're standing still. again, its more of a feature to view your surroundings (or take cool screenshots) than a method of playing the game.
 BladeTurbo
12-08-2005, 2:06 PM
i'll give that a try. thanks
Page: 1 of 1