Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Defend Board members....I can't!

Page: 1 of 1
 Felks
06-18-2000, 10:12 AM
I am hopelessly stuck here! I am up to that mission where you have to protect the shuttle MERTE from the Hurrim raiders who are chasing them. I simply cannot stop them! there are too many of them! I have done what the mission hints say, but it doesn't do any good! I stick close to them, go after the fighters attacking the shuttle, order my wingman to take on while I take the other, but the shuttle just keeps on getting destroyed. I have been a starfighter pilot for several years now, but this mission is quite hard! have you any suggestions? How did you complete this mission?
 RDean
06-18-2000, 10:53 PM
I didn't really have a problem with this mission. Where is the shuttle getting destroyed? Is in in the first area, or after they have hypered that first time? The thing to remember is that when new Hurrim hyper in they will not be engaged with your wing and so will head straight for the shuttle. The other Hurrim will probably already be engaged with your wing and so you can probably focus on the new Hurrim as they hyper in. I'll replay the mission in the simulator and see if I can give you any more hints.
 RDean
06-18-2000, 11:12 PM
Yeah, I just replayed the mission again in the sim and the same advice goes. Also remember that you have 12 concussion missiles. You don't necessarily have to destroy every Hurrim that is attacking the shuttle before you move on to another one. You can launch a missile at each fighter and they will either abandon their attack run in order to evade your missile or take SERIOUS damage from your missile or both. This is what I did to make them scatter and scare them away from the shuttle. Hope this helps.
 Marril
06-19-2000, 2:41 AM
Also, if it's getting wasted during the Muurian Transport area, tell your wingman to attack it, and the others will attack you, ignoring the shuttle (weird, no?).
If it's in the first area, tell your wingman to attack target type (TAB-7-1-3, I think), and fire dual missiles. It should kill the preybirds. Fire link your lasers and blast away after that.
 garyah99
06-19-2000, 8:05 PM
Another trick I noticed: If you're really having trouble keeping up to all those preybirds, wait for a couple of minutes. Don't hyper in right away. wait for about 2.5 minutes, then hyper in. The shuttle is almost to the hyper point bu the time any enemies arrive. You have to deal with half as many bad guys. Make sure as soon as the Shuttle hypers out you follow it.

------------------
"I get by with a little help from my friends...."
 Fondas
06-20-2000, 11:13 AM
It's really nice to see garyah99 keeping the stronghold, here at player strategy section.
Thank you Gary ! http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/smile.gif)
(you sure know what keeps me away http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/frown.gif)

------------------
The only place where success comes prior to work, is in a dictionary ! TZG+7
 zfati
08-02-2000, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by garyah99:
Another trick I noticed: If you're really having trouble keeping up to all those preybirds, wait for a couple of minutes. Don't hyper in right away. wait for about 2.5 minutes, then hyper in. The shuttle is almost to the hyper point bu the time any enemies arrive. You have to deal with half as many bad guys. Make sure as soon as the Shuttle hypers out you follow it.

Just a quick TU, read these messages and got by the level that I was stuck on for 2 days.
 zfati
08-03-2000, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by zfati:
Just a quick TU, read these messages and got by the level that I was stuck on for 2 days.

2 levels after this I would like to comment on another battle with the hurrim. I finished the level once, was very low on shields got back to the CRS Liberty ran up my shields and returned to the battle. All enemy starfighters were destroyed and all objectives completed except the return of FRG Jericho( i go by there frequently). Anyway I got so frustrated that the FRG Jericho refused to go home I quit the level and tried again. I thought maybe I was getting punished for turning tail and running and this was the reason the Jericho refused to move(his shields were 100%, hull 100%). The next time I played the same phenomenom, this time I finished all my objectives with good shields. I went and destroyed the SHU and ISD Corrupter. The Jercho runs 2 flight plans and stops, no hpering out. I boarded the Jericho and finally he hypered out!!!
THANK THE FORCE

Is this a known phenomenon noticed by others?

On to tour 6.

ZFATI Lt.Jg XWA
Page: 1 of 1