Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kotor + nvidia 81.94 = no?

Page: 1 of 1
 Strages
12-07-2005, 5:57 PM
I'm using a 256MB 6800GT using the 81.94 Nvidia drivers and trying to run Kotor I. I installed the game, restarted, tried to run it and it crashes. I use the hardware scan and it says that my drivers are out of date and my video card isn't supported. Wtf? So I try to start it in Windows 98 compatibility-mode to see if this works, and the game runs, it just doesn't have any sound :(. Anyone know of this or have any suggestions as to a fix?
 jmac7142
12-07-2005, 6:30 PM
Does the game not start at all, or does it start, go to a black screen, then crash? Also, could you please post your system specifications?
 Strages
12-07-2005, 7:22 PM
I actually just fixed it... I really have no real idea how. I found that the game was detecting my audio wrong, and then I figured out my system wasn't producing any sound at all (weird issue with SBG Audigy2 cards... happens once every so often). So I went back to my archive, installed the 67.02 drivers (a random choice), got sound and the game worked fine in Windows 98 compatibility. So I used a driver cleaner to clear out all nvidia drivers (including chipset), reinstalled everything (including the 81.94 drivers), reset it all, restarted, checked to make sure my sound was working properly (it was) and then started the game - runs fine. Weird, eh?
 jmac7142
12-07-2005, 9:26 PM
Somewhat, reinstallation of drivers usually solves problems though, a similar problem happened to me with F.E.A.R and the 81.95 drivers. By the way, the 81.94's are betas, the 81.95's are the newest WHQL-certified ForceWare drivers, so they may work better in terms of stability.
Page: 1 of 1