Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help on an early mission please.

Page: 1 of 1
 TGE_Tycho
07-20-2000, 4:29 PM
Okay...this is really embarasing and I tried using the "Search" so as not to take my shame public but I'm stuck on an early mission (which really really frustrates me 'cause I don't suck as much as this posting is going to make it appear I do).

Once you join the Rebellion you go on some early "test" missions. In the first mission (oh the shame) you have to go into three target areas. In the first you destroy some containers (no problemo). In the second you destroy a docked ship (easy). In the third you need to destroy 25% of an imperial convoy. Here's where I run into trouble. The imp ships covering the convoy head straight for me and take me out before I can destroy a single imp convoy ship. I mean...they are relentless. I realize that I'm doing something completely wrong in my approach to this mission. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*lowers his head in shame*
 krispy
07-20-2000, 4:56 PM
hehe, I always thought it was just me. My self-esteem is low...

Yeah, those Assualt Shuttles pack quite a wallop on a lone Y-Wing. usually I have to exhaust about all my torpedoes killing them, but I have to dumb fire them because they just get shot down otherwise. It's hard for me...but I know someone out there has a better/easier solution.

-krispy
 Marril
07-20-2000, 6:59 PM
Make sure you have 200% shields, shove everything to engines, make sure you have a full load of torps, switch them to double, dumbfire them at varied convoy ships to blow them up, and when you run out of torpedoes, use the semicolon to switch shield energy to lasers and shoot the things, while your speed lets you avoid the guns on the A/S's.

(good LORD, that was a big run-on sentence...)

------------------
Why is it that whenever someone says SOL I am always in trouble... whether it be Standards of Learning or (the other version). I'm always screwed.
--Tyais
Page: 1 of 1