Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

requesting reinforcements--is it just BS

Page: 1 of 1
 broham
05-27-2000, 2:05 AM
is requesting reinforcements just some bull**** or does it really work--when I request them, they either aren't coming or taking their sweet time doing it!!!!
 Fondas
05-28-2000, 7:04 AM
Reinforcements are not available at any time. It's scenario based and they'll only come once. I guess you're on your own out there !

------------------
The only place where success comes prior to work, is in a dictionary ! TZG+7
 K_Kinnison
05-28-2000, 2:57 PM
SOme missions do not have reinforcmants, usually they will give you a hint that they are there in the briefings
 broham
05-28-2000, 3:30 PM
I used them and they finally came--they just took their sweet time doing it. And only two ships came at that.
 Marril
05-28-2000, 3:47 PM
Unlike TIE Fighter (the last X-Wing game I played before XWA), where GUN Rho would come almost instantly and blast apart the opposition, it seems that XWA makes it so that two X-Wings come after two minutes, only to be shot down not really doing anything (except maybe taking enemy fire off you).

PS, the best reinforcements I've seen is a Modified Nebulon B Frigate and a wing of TIE Interceptors in the first Harkov mission http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/smile.gif)

------------------
Why is it that whenever someone says SOL I am always in trouble... whether it be Standards of Learning or (the other version). I'm always screwed.
--Tyais
 Kokeeno IOS
05-28-2000, 8:29 PM
Forget about reinforvements. I've used them twice: to complete one mission (HARD) in first battle, and while stealing Tyderium (pilots from Roque Squadron were very helpful). Anyway you always loose 500 bonus points for 2 additional fighters...
 Rebel Loyaltist
07-04-2000, 5:31 AM
you only get to use reinforcements once in the whole rebel camign?

------------------
The Rebel Alliance. They're the best. Enough said. The Empire sucks. Too much said.
http://go.to/rebelguardians)
hockeypro1@aol.com
 General Taskor
07-04-2000, 3:45 PM
When I have played x-wing games and request only if the battle isn't tough on your computer helpers sometimes if you request reinforcements a one of your helpers with come along side you or on where ever and do all the same stuff you do like you go left it goes left and so on, It sees an ugly (enemy) and shoots it down
 KNIGHT_FEDAYKIN
07-05-2000, 8:33 PM
Tyderion is the only time they really help, but then you get some REAL backup
 JC_DeadEye
07-06-2000, 5:35 PM
Yup. TIE Fighter reinforcements in missions rocked. http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/smile.gif)

I loved that almost instantaneous arrival of Gunboats from Rho as mentioned above. hehe

------------------
X-Wing Alliance Upgrade member.
 KNIGHT_FEDAYKIN
07-06-2000, 6:18 PM
yeh, that was great =)
Page: 1 of 1