Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

backup pilot for xwing collector cd

Page: 1 of 1
 darth regent
06-20-2000, 1:02 PM
Is there a way that you can backup your pilot from the xwing collector cd. i hate that i make up all the way up to commander and get killed and have to start bac at FO
 Marril
06-20-2000, 8:48 PM
Put him on a disk, and overwrite the "bad" pilot with the "good" one anytime you get shot down. I think this works, I haven't played the original X-Wing in a while...

------------------
Why is it that whenever someone says SOL I am always in trouble... whether it be Standards of Learning or (the other version). I'm always screwed.
--Tyais
 Keyan Farlander
06-21-2000, 2:54 AM
Originally posted by Marril:
Put him on a disk, and overwrite the "bad" pilot with the "good" one anytime you get shot down. I think this works, I haven't played the original X-Wing in a while...

Yeah, that works. Just keep a copy on your hard drive in some other folder. The file you need to back up is yourname.plt, with yourname, being the name of your pilot.

------------------
Keyan Farlander

"The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way to factor large prime numbers."
- Bill Gates
 ME_Jeldren
06-21-2000, 1:32 PM
I have only played the disk based version of X-Wing but I always
used a hex editor to resurrect my pilot. It was the 3rd or 4th byte.
Page: 1 of 1