Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

No Done Button

Page: 1 of 1
 zerted
12-02-2005, 3:58 PM
This drove me off of SWBF and is starting to drive me off SWBF2. At the end of a level, player scores pop-up and you press 'done' to get to the next level. There is no 'done' button for me. It takes anywhere from 15 seconds to 7 minutes (yes, I've waited 7 minutes) for the 'done' button to appear. The average wait time is about 50 seconds for the button. This happens to every level switch. Anyone have any ideas?

DEVELOPERS FIX THIS.
 zerted
12-05-2005, 8:20 AM
Does anyone else get this problem, even if its a lesser degree?
 Rogue74
12-11-2005, 11:25 PM
I've had that happen since the original BF. I was surprised they hadn't gotten this fixed in BF2. That and not being able to chat without the spawn screen overlapping it.
 Chris-h11
12-13-2005, 9:30 AM
When this happened to me on SWBF1 I just pushed ESC and it worked like the Done button, yet i haven't had this happen to me on SWBF2
 jaemz
12-13-2005, 10:29 AM
I have noticed this on certian servers. Sometimes I get the 'connection to host' message flash as well.

However, 75% of the servers seem to be fine, and I get the 'done' message and quickly load to the next map.
 ==Neo
12-13-2005, 12:27 PM
This occurs because someone is looking through the awards/personal stats screens at the end of a map. As long as someone is in one of those screens, the done button will not show up. It was a favorite way for idiots who wanted to be disruptive to stall out a server. The would go to the stats screen and sit there, usually alt-tabbing out of the game and doing something else so that everyone is stuck with no way to proceed to the next map. We would inevitably have to restart the server. Most people would get out of the game so that it was simple to see who the jerk was because he is still sitting there waiting. He would be promptly banned and the problem would go away.

The game must look for an idle response from everyone prior to proceeding. I am not sure exactly how the devs would get around this short of giving a delay of say, 10 seconds right after the completion of the map so that everyone could view scores and stats then just immediately load the next map.

==Neo
 zerted
12-13-2005, 2:55 PM
Never heard that before. Thanks.
 Chris-h11
12-13-2005, 6:47 PM
This occurs because someone is looking through the awards/personal stats screens at the end of a map. As long as someone is in one of those screens, the done button will not show up. It was a favorite way for idiots who wanted to be disruptive to stall out a server. The would go to the stats screen and sit there, usually alt-tabbing out of the game and doing something else so that everyone is stuck with no way to proceed to the next map. We would inevitably have to restart the server. Most people would get out of the game so that it was simple to see who the jerk was because he is still sitting there waiting. He would be promptly banned and the problem would go away.

The game must look for an idle response from everyone prior to proceeding. I am not sure exactly how the devs would get around this short of giving a delay of say, 10 seconds right after the completion of the map so that everyone could view scores and stats then just immediately load the next map.

==Neo
I thought that only happened if the Host of a non-dedicated server doesn't click done
 ==Neo
12-13-2005, 8:01 PM
I thought that only happened if the Host of a non-dedicated server doesn't click done

Nope....dedicated servers are just as vulnerable to it. The DONE button will not show up unless all players are on the score screen between maps. It's an unfortunate side effect of the game trying to stay fair by proceeding when everyone is ready.

-Neo
 Stryker412
12-16-2005, 10:08 PM
deleted...for now.
 zerted
12-17-2005, 1:10 AM
deleted...for now.
? (If you change your message, I'll also delete this one.)
 Stryker412
12-17-2005, 10:15 AM
I got some news but I want to verify it first before I post it. I posted it without thinking first.
 Stryker412
12-17-2005, 10:41 AM
Nope....dedicated servers are just as vulnerable to it. The DONE button will not show up unless all players are on the score screen between maps. It's an unfortunate side effect of the game trying to stay fair by proceeding when everyone is ready.

-Neo

Are you sure? I was just on my server alone, and the map changed. The done button didn't come up right away. I had to wait about 20 secs or so.
 Fate's Decision
12-18-2005, 2:13 PM
Or the processing power of the host when switching between maps. Always trust the ping.
Page: 1 of 1