Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What the...?

Page: 1 of 1
 Marril
05-30-2000, 9:38 PM
In that mission where you rendezvous with the defector, the second-to-last one in Over The Fence (I think...), and I always fail the mission. I save everybody fine and all, but the last mission objective is to "Liberty must return to the fleet safely", or something like that. Well, if I wait for it to enter hyperspace, it vanishes, and if I juts enter the hanger and go to debriefing, the mission fails. Did LA mess up on the programming here or something? I know I've done this mission successfully before...

------------------
Why is it that whenever someone says SOL I am always in trouble... whether it be Standards of Learning or (the other version). I'm always screwed.
--Tyais
 Dark Dude
05-31-2000, 8:42 PM
Marril, I'm not sure what's happening because it doesn't happen to me,but you could try enter hyperspace before the CRS Liberty or something like that. It might be a glich,do you have any patches on?
 Marril
05-31-2000, 8:47 PM
The only patch I have on is the 2.02 patch, which I got from LA's official site...
 Abolisher
06-01-2000, 4:32 AM
After the Liberty enters hyperspace, you should hyper back to the fleet as well. You should find the Liberty waiting there, and you can enter her hangar for a mission complete. Both you AND the Liberty must return to the fleet.

------------------
If you strike me down, I shall become more decomposed than you could possibly imagine.
 Marril
06-02-2000, 9:05 PM
Abolisher: I ust tried that, to no avail. Maybe the Liberty is just doomed to a one-way jump... http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/frown.gif)
 Vark111
06-02-2000, 9:47 PM
Is this the mission where you (in the first part of the mission) attack the space platform to cover the 'escape' of the defector?

------------------
Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer.
 Marril
06-02-2000, 10:27 PM
Vark: yeah...
 RDean
06-03-2000, 2:42 AM
I had a problem with the Liberty getting blown up on this mission too. My problem was that the Star destroyer was getting close to the Liberty and it couldn't handle all that firepower. You might try taking out some of the turbolaser emplacements on the Star Destroyer to give the Liberty an easier time of it.
 Marril
06-03-2000, 2:33 PM
Unfortunately, the ISDII isn't my problem here. I blow it up singlehandedly (I'm sick of seeing an ISD blow up now...), but the Liberty always jumps to hyperspace and never arrives at the fleet. I'm totally stumped.

------------------
Why is it that whenever someone says SOL I am always in trouble... whether it be Standards of Learning or (the other version). I'm always screwed.
--Tyais
 Mr_Finch
06-03-2000, 4:11 PM
Try re-installing the game doofus!

------------------
Mr. Finch
 Marril
06-03-2000, 4:22 PM
If I reinstall the game, then I'd just lose my pilot.

Oh, well, I'll give it another try. if I still can't beat it, then I guess I'll have to use a shore leave...

------------------
--Tyais
 K_Kinnison
06-03-2000, 9:19 PM
if you move the file named < pilot name >.plt yo wont lose your pilot
 Marril
06-03-2000, 11:00 PM
K_K: actually, I tried that once. For some reason, stuff like that seeks out and destroys all forms of stuff like that on my comp. Besides, the campaign isn't ALL the fun there is to be had in Alliance http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/smile.gif)

------------------
--Tyais
 garyah99
06-04-2000, 1:38 AM
Originally posted by Mr_Finch:
Try re-installing the game doofus!

There's no call to insult people. Be nice http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/smile.gif)

------------------
"I get by with a little help from my friends...."
 Thrawn
06-05-2000, 12:37 AM
Put the piolit on a disk, so the computer can't get at it.

------------------
"Have no fear, your local Grand Admiral is here!"
ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn
Rogue 6
 Marril
06-05-2000, 1:33 AM
Thrawn: good idea.
 Fel Crynyd
06-05-2000, 4:49 PM
i had this happen to me once, and i think it was that i destroyed every thing to quickly! Try first taking out the ties with wingmen then go after the inderctor than go on to the Imp II (for points only)before it hypers. What i think is happining is the liberty is programed to do certain things once certian things happen. if it is tied to the Imp II then if it gets destoryed right away then the command the liberty is stuck on the prevois order. I think this is the case. Play the mission like you are ordered then go above and beyond! http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/smile.gif)

------------------
Commander Fel Crynyd
XO of Hope Squadron
New Republic Marines
And I Keep Telling People,
A Inverted Half Imbalmen is not a Sex Posistion!!!!
 Marril
06-05-2000, 8:48 PM
Oh. Maybe that's what I did wrong. First thing I did was destroy the Impstar Deuce. Thanks, Fel.

------------------
--Tyais
 Marril
06-06-2000, 9:20 PM
Yee-haw! I finally beat the danged mission! And the Liberty almost got smoked, at that. Well, it was a nice movie-ish touch to the mission. heh, it was fun having an ISDII at %5 health and showering it w/lasers. ^_^ I just wish I'd got it on film...
 Fel Crynyd
06-09-2000, 5:30 PM
Good for you! I think this is one of the best missions in the game (don't let me spoil the rest of it for you) It is one of the only ones like the missions in Tie Fighter. (oh bye the way the seconed to last and last missions in this battle are very good too)

------------------
Commander Fel Crynyd
XO of Hope Squadron
New Republic Marines
And I Keep Telling People,
A Inverted Half Imbalmen is not a Sex Posistion!!!!
 Marril
06-09-2000, 8:58 PM
Originally posted by Fel Crynyd:
Good for you! I think this is one of the best missions in the game (don't let me spoil the rest of it for you)

Actually, I got quite far in the game, but a virus wiped my hard drive and I lost my previous pilot. So I am not a newbie to the game.
Page: 1 of 1