Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

unable to authenticate original disc within time limit

Page: 1 of 1
 tommycockles
12-01-2005, 5:52 PM
Can anyone suggest a fix for this problem? After installing swbf2 when i try to play game i get following error "unable to authenticate original disc within time limit" what the hell does this mean. (it is original disc in drive by the way)I have run the game once when i was given choice to straight after install when it asked if i wanted to veiw readme and run game. So the game does work and runs well but has only done it once.
 zerted
12-02-2005, 3:49 PM
Did you put the disk in the same cd drive as you installed it from (assuming you have more than one)?
 tommycockles
12-02-2005, 6:53 PM
Hi thanks for reply and yes I am trying to play game in same drive as it was installed with (dvd version of game all on one disc)
 zerted
12-03-2005, 1:17 AM
Try running the game in Windows 2000 combatility mode. That seems to solve a lot of problems. Try running the game from the auto-play on the DVD instead of launching it from your hard drive.
 tommycockles
12-04-2005, 6:08 PM
Taken game back to shop, waiting for replacement, will let you know how we get on, Thanks for your help.
Page: 1 of 1