Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KotOR2-style rebalance for KotOR

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Windu
11-30-2005, 9:36 PM
Hi folks.

Just posted this mod as pcgamemods.com, which also has another mod of mine, which changed the special lightsabre colours.

Having bought and played both KotOR and KotOR2, I came to the same conclusion as Obsidian - the Jedi Sentinal needed to be better.

What I've done is taken the stats - feats, skills, class skills etc from KotOR2 and transplanted them into KotOR. All Jedi classes in KotOR will now play exactly the same way they do in KotOR2.

This mainly affects the Sentinal, which is given a huge boost, but also slightly affects Guardian and Consular, but does not change Soldier, Scout or Scoundrel.

In addition, I tried to make it so that characters would slowly regain health out of combat without you having to use medpacs, Force Heal, but can't get it to work. Does anyone know how to get health regeneration in KotOR? I got it to work once and nothing since.

Anyway, I'll be releasing a new version soon with some extra powers for the Consular.

Thoughts?

T7edit: When you post a mod release also post a link to the mod. http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/17433.html)
 shamelessposer
11-30-2005, 10:03 PM
In addition, I tried to make it so that characters would slowly regain health out of combat without you having to use medpacs, Force Heal, but can't get it to work. Does anyone know how to get health regeneration in KotOR? I got it to work once and nothing since.

Edit the regeneration.2da file.
 Darth Windu
12-01-2005, 3:09 AM
...that's what I thought I had to do, but it just doesn't work. The only time it has ever worked is when I put health regen up to 10.5, but then when I tried it again nothing happened.

Anyway, v1.1 has now been released, with changes to force powers.
 shamelessposer
12-01-2005, 3:55 PM
It works fine in my mod just setting it to 1.0.
 YertyL
12-06-2005, 9:15 AM
YES! Finally the sentinel class is playable again in KOTOR1! DLing immediately! Nice job :)
 Darth Windu
12-07-2005, 9:31 PM
Glad you like it YertyL :)

Thanks T7, I completely forgot.
Page: 1 of 1