Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Really New

Page: 1 of 1
 Bravo Leader
04-30-2000, 2:31 PM
I am extremely new to this game, I just got it last week. Anyway, I am stuck on Prologue, Mission 4 "Sticking it to the Viraxo." I've read several strategy guides, and tried it many times, but I can't seem to beat it. It's the one where you have to join the "Andrasta" in an assault on Viraxo 54, while the "Venix" Drops off some spice, and you probably already know what I'm talking about. Anyway, I can take out the first six razors and the PES "Enkidu," Then I go one and take out their cargo vessels to reach the 25% ddestroyed mark. After that, I go and help the Andrasta with the incoming Razors, but then after Aeron ejects, the Andrasta just leaves, and I am stuck with all the fighters. By then, the Victory Class SD has come, and launched TIEs at me. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong, and give me a step by step as to how to beat this mission?
 K_Kinnison
04-30-2000, 2:51 PM
Your having to much killing and not paying attention to what is happening.

After Aareon ejects and is picked up by Emon, you need to destroy the Venix/Sabra. Also, YOU need to survive, so once the Destroyer shows up, it MIGHT be a good idea to hyper out
 Bravo Leader
04-30-2000, 10:12 PM
I am (trying) to pay attention, however, maybe 85% of the time I play the level, Emon just leaves, and never picks Aeron up. I've tried blowing up the Venix, but then Emkay just yells at me and it says I failed the mission.
 Young Yoda
04-30-2000, 11:38 PM
Hmm,

I had heard of this before, Emon left caused by when Star Destroyer show up, I seem that one before first time, so you must destory fighters quickly as you can, After Emon will pick up Aeron before Star Destroyer show up, I know that I took too long, Star Destoryer show to cause Emon to leave, you must act very quickly.

Did you got that!
 Fel Crynyd
04-30-2000, 11:42 PM
Well Emkay can be a biacth but your brother has to be ok (no less than 25% hull other wies he quits) Also wait till Your sister says she is on board. Expolsion can hurt you now (it is a new thing in this series). Then blow it up (the Venix) and run (or stay behind and blow everything up and try for the General ranking).
 Bravo Leader
05-01-2000, 1:45 AM
Actually, I just beat the level. Funny. Thanks for the advice, but I finally beat the dumb thing. But I do have one question though. What causes engine wash, and how do I stop it?
 Gold leader
05-01-2000, 6:46 AM
Your ship gets damaged by engine wash when you fly too close to a capital ship's engines. Just stay away from there.
 K_Kinnison
05-01-2000, 1:52 PM
Normally it is just something that TG added so ppl do just sit behinf a CRV and pluck away at its blind spot. Also adds a little more realism. I remember take Engine was from the Exuctor in the one mission where you rescure Aaron. I think is was 2 Km away from the SSD at the time.
 Bravo Leader
05-02-2000, 2:41 AM
Thanks. What's with all these Jedi Padawan and Jedi Knight ranks that I see on under people's names?
 Gold leader
05-02-2000, 5:36 AM
Your rank depends on your number of posts. After 30 posts, you'll become a Jedi Knight. When you reach 10000 posts, you'll become immortal. That's why people stick around here. http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/wink.gif)
 Young Yoda
05-02-2000, 3:23 PM
(gasp) 10000 POSTS! http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/eek.gif) WOW!!! that lot. Hmm, that going to have very long time, about years. http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/smile.gif)
 Bravo Leader
05-03-2000, 12:35 AM
Program a javascript applet to take control of your browser, and post 10000 times here, with the topic "Ignore this thread."
 Fondas
05-03-2000, 5:56 AM
Some have failed to notice Gold Leader's refined irony... http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/rolleyes.gif)

------------------
The only place where success comes prior to work, is in a dictionary ! TZG+7
 Gold leader
05-03-2000, 7:32 AM
Page: 1 of 1