Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Battle 5, Mission 2

Page: 1 of 1
 Rock_Lead
04-29-2000, 10:23 AM
This mission is getting very aggrivating. I already used 3 skips and have the 2.02 patch. Every time, one of the Xiy/t`s doesn`t get disabled. I have killed all the Hurrim, so I go to disable it. But, by that time, those Skiprays and Tie Interceptors get to my MOBs and blow at least one of them up. Please Help me!
 Young Yoda
04-29-2000, 4:09 PM
Here what I did,

After you and wingmen (if you order them to attack type fighter) kill all Hurrims fighters. TIE Interceptors likely to appear from station after you diabled one of Xiy/t, so as soon you disabled one of two Xiy/t, ignore other one, order your wingmen to disable it (NOT DESTORY IT) you may to bring it up wingman command in MFD to do this. While your wingmen disabling one more Xiy/t, you must head for station at max speed dump all laser and shield to engine. You need to use Ion cannon to quickly disable unshield Tie Interceptors heading for MOBS, all of them! Leave disabled TIE interceptors, more TIE will not show up, if Skipray show up, stop them! If your wingmen finish disabling Xiy/t. If you are under attack, order your wingmen to cover you.

I hope it work out for you, but another XWA member also help if any can, other tip from member would helpful to you.]

May force be with you!

(oh yeah, I forget to tell you, I remember that I failed mission first time as Rock_Lead
do but another try got much better than that! http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/smile.gif) )

[This message has been edited by Young Yoda (edited April 29, 2000).]
 garyah99
04-29-2000, 4:12 PM
The key is in speed and practice. As soon as the Hurrim attack, take them out ASAP. Order your wingmen to "attack target type" (tab, 1, 3, I think). When the Hurrim are all dead, order your wingmen to disable the remaining transports (there's only the two Xityars (SP?). Next, you have a l-o-n-g flight to intercept the Tie's. Order you wingmen again to "attack target type" and pour ALL energy to the engines and boogie. Good luck, hope this helps. BTW DON'T attack the platform! http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/cool.gif)
 K_Kinnison
04-29-2000, 4:33 PM
Remember the goals of the mission (Prevent the loss of civilian life)

So, the Y-wings are disabling the Trasports, while the Hurrium are trying to destroy the transports, is a bad combination.

The Platform, and the Space Colony, are both concidered Neutral craft, even thos they luanch TIEs at you, dont kill them.

Be sure to use the often un-used wingman commands
Page: 1 of 1